Latest Envisalink 4 firmware

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pos42

Latest Envisalink 4 firmware

Post by pos42 »

Hi

What is the latest Envisalink 4 firmware as of today feb 10 2018?
Any newer than 121?
Any newer on its way?
Any known bugs that are on the fix list for next release?

Tnx
Peo
GrandWizard

Re: Latest Envisalink 4 firmware

Post by GrandWizard »

There is a major world-wide release coming in the next week or so. It will be announced on the forum.
pos42

Post by pos42 »

Tnx for the reply @GrandWizard

Asking as I got rid of a disconnect problem when I went from 111 to 121, but got other problems with 121. The system is working, but something fishy was introduced with 121. Therefor I am curius to know what will be in the upcoming fix... As 121 is working I assume the std users wont notice the new problems.

As you can see here I choose firmware 121 before the older one due to the fact I got rid of the random disconnects. But I have strange system warnings about partition 1 to 4 even though my system has only 2 with the new 121 firmware. I want to know where to turn to help track this new problem down...

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... f12abc570a

Regards
Peo
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

pos42 wrote:Tnx for the reply @GrandWizard

Asking as I got rid of a disconnect problem when I went from 111 to 121, but got other problems with 121. The system is working, but something fishy was introduced with 121. Therefor I am curius to know what will be in the upcoming fix... As 121 is working I assume the std users wont notice the new problems.

As you can see here I choose firmware 121 before the older one due to the fact I got rid of the random disconnects. But I have strange system warnings about partition 1 to 4 even though my system has only 2 with the new 121 firmware. I want to know where to turn to help track this new problem down...

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... 93bb001a78

Regards
Peo
You really need to take this up with the developer of the plugin for your HA system. There is nothing we can help you with here as Eyezon has nothing to do with the TPI. It is handled through Envisacor's developer network.
pos42

Post by pos42 »

GrandWizard wrote:
pos42 wrote:Tnx for the reply @GrandWizard

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... f7c489a40c

Regards
Peo
You really need to take this up with the developer of the plugin for your HA system. There is nothing we can help you with here as Eyezon has nothing to do with the TPI. It is handled through Envisacor's developer network.
I have written it myself.... Which means I have to talk to myself :)
(It is on the Fibaro marketplace now as well. I have users that both uses it and are connected to Eyez-on at the same time.)

And I hear what you are saying. Maybe it is just me that do not understand how it all fits together. You can give out new firmwares to the clients, but has nothing to do wit the firmware itself. Right?

And you do not feed problems back to Envisacor? If not, please point me in the right direction as I cannot find their developer network even though I have black belt in google searches.

And as it at least seem the president at EYEZ-ON CORPORATION is also CEO at Envisacor according to Linked in I am even more confused.

Please enlighten me. I just want to have a prblem solved and is willing to track this down. But I need someone in the other end as well.

Tnx in advance
/Per-Olov
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Pos42, I PM'd you with contact information for Envisacor's developer network.
jebbo

Post by jebbo »

Do firmware updates require manual intervention ? I thought it was automatic
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

jebbo wrote:Do firmware updates require manual intervention ? I thought it was automatic
Global updates are pushed automatically from Envisacor's servers. But in-between global releases we receive regular updates for testing and we can update individual users who request the latest stable version.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Under the details, mine shows version 102. Is "version" the firmware? If so why would I be at 102?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Jeff H wrote:Under the details, mine shows version 102. Is "version" the firmware? If so why would I be at 102?
That really should read BUILD NUMBER, not VERSION. The software numbering system, like most companies use, is of the form MAJOR.MINOR.BUILD. So your version is 1.X.102 . Seeing that they never seem to increase the major or minor number we only care about the build. The full version is shown on your local Envisalink's Network page at the bottom.