DSCAlerts: Desktop App For Emailing Zone Alerts

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

io_guy

DSCAlerts: Desktop App For Emailing Zone Alerts

Post by io_guy »

There were a couple requests to get email zone alerts off Eyez-On's servers (so they're not getting pounded).
You can download DSCAlerts here:
http://automationshack.com/dscalerts.html

I put this together quickly so there will likely be bugs (only tested briefly on my system).
Reply with comments/questions/suggestions.
Last edited by io_guy on Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
turnerj42

Re: DSCAlerts: Desktop App For Emailing Zone Alerts

Post by turnerj42 »

Hey looks awesome.. It doesn't seem to connect on mine. It does but then disconnects.. I attached a file if the app screen. Now I have a honeywell system so not sure if that changes anything but I would assume its the same TPI language.

If I can add anything to help troubleshoot please let me know. Or what I might be missing.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (42.41 KiB) Viewed 14628 times
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

WHen I clicked on the status it gives this message that is cut off but might give you a hint. Hopefully anyways. Thanks again
Attachments
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (49.62 KiB) Viewed 14627 times
Last edited by turnerj42 on Wed Oct 24, 2012 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

That's likely a deal breaker. I doubt the TPI is the same at all for the Honeywells.
I haven't seen a TPI (or it mentioned anywhere).
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

That would suck. Hopefully Grand_Wizard can chime in.. I assumed and probably wrong that the TPI and commands would be the same more or less would just be how the card interfaces with the Alarm panel was the difference. It looks like a great little program though and was exactly what I was after. Thanks for putting the work in on it.
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

Yea we'll need info from Wizard.
I highly doubt they're the same at all. The commands in the TPI are exactly the same as the DSC interface units. Honeywell would have their own breed.
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

Fair enough that makes sense. I didn't know it was straight from DSC stuff so makes sense it wouldn't work with the Ademco stuff. Hopefully Grand can chime in and give some direction. Or of it is really complicated if there was some way that could offer there web interface type thing they host but instead have a local option if people wanted it. I really need the zone followers which was the point I had for getting the device in the first place. So thought this would fix all my issues.. It will for most DSC people anyways which is great. Thanks for doing this regardless I am sure it will help a lot of people out.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Sorry guys, I totally missed this thread. This place has turned into a madhouse since the E3 was released.

First off I want to thank io_guy for being so awesome.

Secondly, yes you are right. There is no official TPI for the Ademco E3 but there will be. And yes, it won't look anything like the DSC TPI.

You can actually connect to the TPI port on the Ademco version and get some rudementary information about the panel, including zone states, but don't design anything around what you see as it will most likely change in the future. The login is just your local E3 password.

Ok, I better download this software and give it a spin!
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

Thanks.. As soon as its ready to go it would be great to know.. I am just after the simple zone states to be able to send follower info as you have no idea how much it helps around our house. It does look like a great app. Even if you guys at Eyez feel like making a little app like that for Honeywell would be awesome! ;)
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

Once they release a Honeywell TPI, I'll add support to the program.