Clearing "Alarm in Memory" and "Not Ready" States

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Andrew

Clearing "Alarm in Memory" and "Not Ready" States

Post by Andrew »

Greetings all.

I have an EVL-4 connected to an Ademco Vista 128BP panel. Overall the EVL-4 has been great, and a huge improvement over the branded email communicator that Honeywell used to offer for the panels.

One problem that I have been having is that when I am traveling and family members are home, they sometimes set off the alarm and then type in the code once to stop the siren from sounding, but they do not clear the fault(s). If I do nothing, the alarm will arm itself the following evening according to a program that I set through the panel, bypassing the fault. However, I can't clear the faults and arm the system through the EVL-4. The EVL-4 interface on my smartphone will show that the state is "Alarm in Memory," and I don't know how to clear it. I tried using the Bypass button and entering the zone number of the zone that had been faulted, but that did not work. Right now, the EVL-4 interface is showing "Partition 1 - Not Ready," but no zones are shown as being in a fault state. If I click on the "Commands" button, the command options are:

Off
Bypass
Toggle Chime
Test
Custom

I have tried clicking the Off button and entering my alarm code several times, but that does not work. I have tried the Bypass button when I could see which zone was in a fault state, but that did not work. I have tried using the Custom button and entering my alarm code followed by a 1, but that did not work either.

I would welcome any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Andrew
mythtified

Re: Clearing "Alarm in Memory" and "Not Ready" States

Post by mythtified »

I have the same issue with an EVL3. I found that if I disarm the system from my phone that clears the issue and return it to ready state. I am not sure if this is due to an incorrect setting in my honeywell 20p panel. I have two panels with the same module installed that do the same thing.
f0n7pgdgbf48

Post by f0n7pgdgbf48 »

I have the same issue. Any resolution?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Honeywell panels differ from other panels in that after an alarm, when you disarm the panel, the partition goes into a special state called Alarm in Memory. In order to get the partition back to READY you need to disarm again. I believe the reasoning behind this is they want you to confirm that you are aware there was an alarm and not just ignore it.

Because the Envisalink doesn't have a "disarm again" button, you need to use the custom sequence command to re-issue the disarm. So you will go to Commands->Custom and enter...

XXXX1

Where XXXX is your 4 digit user code.