lost local network access

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

metamatt

lost local network access

Post by metamatt »

I have an Envisalink 2DS managing a DSC 1864 panel. After a power failure, the Envisalink device is no longer accessible on the local network. It's still got ethernet access at the physical layer (it gets the correct IP address via DHCP, and I can ping it) and is still talking fine to your cloud servers -- the version, last update time, and LAN IP address all show up correctly in your status page (version 191, within the last couple minutes, and the address I told it to use via DHCP, respectively).

However, any attempt to hit the device's local web interface on port 80, or the TPI interface on port 4025, gets an immediate "connection reset by server" error.

How can I reset the EnvisaLink device so it will accept local network connections again? I've tried power cycling the whole DSC system (removing both AC power and battery backup) once and that didn't help.

Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: lost local network access

Post by GrandWizard »

That sounds like the internal firewall is kicking in. If you haven't changed your default password from "user" then the module will not accept (well, it accepts and then closes) connections from outside of the subnet. If you are trying to connect from another network, VLAN included, then it won't work. Log-in from the LAN side and then change to password to something other than the default.
metamatt

Re: lost local network access

Post by metamatt »

Thanks! I didn't know about the internal firewall but that explains it - I was trying to connect from a different subnet/VLAN.