New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Ian_81

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Ian_81 »

Thanks for the clarification.

That being said are there any new features (that you are aware of, or can discuss) that are coming to the EVL4? Or will the EVL4 be in firmware bug only mode when the new product launches? (just trying to understand the support & lifecycle philosophy as I currently have a EVL3)
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

GrandWizard wrote:
Zonker wrote:I'm a buyer day 1
If you already have the Envisalink, just buy the Sidekick now. Its the same thing.
Not really. I would rather have to deal with one device than possible multiple points of failure with 2 devices. Anyway, given the evl4 has been out for a while now, I would rather wait and upgrade my evl3 so as to not shorten the support life. Also need to see an updated app to really pull the solution together.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

GrandWizard wrote: Sort of. The next generation Envisalink is called the Envisalink DUO and it is a dual-path communicator with both Ethernet and LTE. It will be available in the summer of 2021.
Hey Wizard. Hope your summer is going well. Any updates on the release of the Envisalink Duo?

Thanks
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

Zonker wrote:
GrandWizard wrote: Sort of. The next generation Envisalink is called the Envisalink DUO and it is a dual-path communicator with both Ethernet and LTE. It will be available in the summer of 2021.
Hey Wizard. Hope your summer is going well. Any updates on the release of the Envisalink Duo?

Thanks

Any updates? been 6 months since you mentioned this..

Thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The global chip shortage is affecting everyone.

But....I was told before Christmas we have 10,000 DUOs in our warehouse and we will be putting them up on our own store and on Amazon Jan 8, 2022.

Remember, we sold-out of our initial offering of 1,000 Sidekicks in 10 days. The Black-Friday deal sold almost 5,000 Sidekicks.

Either add your name to the EyezON mailing list or watch the site in the first week of January to get yours.
bernard

Post by bernard »

GrandWizard wrote:
Zonker wrote:I'm a buyer day 1
If you already have the Envisalink, just buy the Sidekick now. Its the same thing.
So does this mean that the EVL4 + sidekick are essentially the same hardware as the Duo and will receive the same features as the Duo? Also will we get firmware upgrades on the EVL4 for as long as the Duo?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Question #1 Not that I'm aware of. In the tech support lab we have the DUO running outside of its EMC casing and it is clearly nothing like an EVL4 + Sidekick. It looks like they changed a lot in this revision.

Question #2 All Envisalinks from the IP100D (circa 2005) to the latest SOLO system are still supported by the manufacturer. Our products will never be retired.

Ever
Suckerpunchnz

Post by Suckerpunchnz »

@GrandWizard any word on a new app?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Suckerpunchnz wrote:@GrandWizard any word on a new app?
We last updated the app during the summer and the only open tickets relate to legacy camera and thermostat support so I wouldn't expect anything new unless there is a major change. There is a new version of the Eyezon portal that we have been asked to alpha test but based on the open tickets I wouldn't expect that landing anytime soon.

Happy New Year to you all. We have a great community of DIYers here and I am always surprised and impressed with the new ways of using the Envisalink our users come up with.

On behalf of the test/certification group at Eyezon, I wish you all the best in 2022.

Michael
bernard

Post by bernard »

Hi GrandWizard, I noticed elsewhere on the forum that the Uno doesn't have a TPI interface so does the Duo have one? Thanks