New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

guinness

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by guinness »

On the local device webpage you can view the system status as shown below.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (6.82 KiB) Viewed 172688 times
The table cells in the underlying markup don't have identifiers.

Code: Select all

<TD>System</TD>
<TD id="Status" BGCOLOR="RED">Armed</TD>
<TD id="Trouble" BGCOLOR="YELLOW">Trouble</TD>
I propose adding the id attributes to help when parsing the document.
waverly360

Allow DSC state information through in Installer mode

Post by waverly360 »

Here's a feature request that I've seen littered around the forums with no answer. I know the EVL4 was not meant to go into Installer mode through the 070/071 commands, but nevertheless it's possible to program your system that way. The problem is that we get no feedback from the DSC through the EVL when we drop into one of the setting menus.

For example, hitting 001 drops you into Zone 1's config, and on any other keypad, you get a method of reading out the current settings for that zone from the display (binary representation through the LEDs or actual text if you have an LCD). When we do that with the EVL, however, there's no data returned on the socket at all, which tells me the Envisalink is explicitly filtering out that returned data. I'd like an option to allow that data through so that we could parse it and use the EVL to determine state. I'd be happy if it was a command that needed to be enabled due to backward compatibility with other apps, or even an undocumented feature that allows me to read that information. (I've spent a lot of time tinkering with mine, and so far have found that commands 075 and 266 do *something* but I can't figure out what. Are there other commands like this?)
map121

EVL4 UNO as zone-expander-over-IP

Post by map121 »

I'd like to be able to use an EVL4 UNO as a remote zone expander for my DSC panel. By that I mean connect a wired sensor to an EVL4 UNO, have the EVL4 UNO communicate the wired sensor's status over the LAN to a second EVL4 connected to the DSC panel, and have the wired sensor appear as a zone on the DSC panel.

Wired sensor --> EVL4 UNO --> LAN --> EVL4 --> DSC Panel

Specifically, I have a sensor at my front gate that I'd like to program as a "24-Hr Non Alarm" zone on my panel. The gate is too far away for DSC wireless or DSC keybus, but I do have an existing point-to-point wireless LAN link for an IP camera at the gate.

Thanks for your consideration!
K-Man

Re: EVL4 UNO as zone-expander-over-IP

Post by K-Man »

map121 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 4:13 pm I'd like to be able to use an EVL4 UNO as a remote zone expander for my DSC panel. By that I mean connect a wired sensor to an EVL4 UNO, have the EVL4 UNO communicate the wired sensor's status over the LAN to a second EVL4 connected to the DSC panel, and have the wired sensor appear as a zone on the DSC panel.

Wired sensor --> EVL4 UNO --> LAN --> EVL4 --> DSC Panel

Specifically, I have a sensor at my front gate that I'd like to program as a "24-Hr Non Alarm" zone on my panel. The gate is too far away for DSC wireless or DSC keybus, but I do have an existing point-to-point wireless LAN link for an IP camera at the gate.

Thanks for your consideration!
Interesting but not technically possible. You would have to emulate a PC5132 of which there can be only one on your system so you wouldn't be able to have any other wireless zones on your system. If it is a 24-Hr Non Alarm do you really care if it is attached to your DSC panel? I assume the whole goal is to be simply notified right? If this is the case just add another EVL4 in UNO mode at your gate with the sensor added to zone 1, and then add this second system to your EZ or C2G account.
rct

Easy way for an API to get Envisalink info.

Post by rct »

It would be helpful if there was an easy way for an API to query the Envisalink for basic operational info:
  • * Type: EVL4 DSC
    * Firmware Version: <w.x.y.z>
    * Uptime: <boot time stamp or number of seconds since rebooted>
    * TPI Connection: <ip/port of current connect>
    * MAC address: aabbccddeeff
This is largely similar to the info on the "Network" page "http://<evlip>/3". However the network page requires web scraping and doesn't contain Envisalink version or panel type.

For apps it would be useful if this info was available via the TPI, but it would be also be easy to deal with if that was an HTTP response with something easily parseable like JSON.
Randomkid52

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Randomkid52 »

Would be nice to see anything written in the “Notes” section of the zone labels be sent in email/text notifications when a trouble or alarm happens on that zone. Would be helpful to remind family or friends who may be on the contact list of what to do in that situation.