New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Bill D

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Bill D »

It sure seems like the elegant solution would be a firmware rev in the 2DS to eliminate the need for serial or a TL-250 when connecting DLS over the LAN.

Hey Eyez-On guys: is it possible?
gmanvbva

Post by gmanvbva »

stevew wrote:Guys, FWIW, I run a T-Link 250 on my (home system) Power 1864 and program it using the DLS IV, as well as a Maxsys /T-link 250 (office system) using DLS2002 to program across my LAN's and VPN's. My Power 1864 also has a 2DS in it. No issue whatsoever, except that the DLS2002 on Maxsys with T-Link has some small, stupid issues, but I ONLY program my panels with the DLS over Ethernet. Forget USB >>Serial; it's worth spending the extra cash to go with the T-Link 250 and go Ethernet direct. DLS has enough issues on its own with going USB>>Serial. DSC could use a few lessons in coding with the DLS...
The TL-250 is $200.

Not sure it's worth it just for LAN access for programming.

I already had a Keyspan USB-Serial adapter since I need it for programming numerous other systems. So far DLS IV has work perfectly with the Keyspan and 1832.

The Keyspan is only $25 and the PCLINK-SCW is $15. That's only $40.
io_guy

Post by io_guy »

Sorry if this feature is already exists...

How about the ability to only show a set number of zones?
I have 8 zones so I don't need to see the full 8x8 grid.

Also, maybe a list view (instead of the grid) option where my 8 zones would be displayed as a list (and show the custom zone labels I setup on the webpage instead of just numbers).
stevew

Post by stevew »

gmanvbva wrote:
stevew wrote:Guys, FWIW, I run a T-Link 250 on my (home system) Power 1864 and program it using the DLS IV, as well as a Maxsys /T-link 250 (office system) using DLS2002 to program across my LAN's and VPN's. My Power 1864 also has a 2DS in it. No issue whatsoever, except that the DLS2002 on Maxsys with T-Link has some small, stupid issues, but I ONLY program my panels with the DLS over Ethernet. Forget USB >>Serial; it's worth spending the extra cash to go with the T-Link 250 and go Ethernet direct. DLS has enough issues on its own with going USB>>Serial. DSC could use a few lessons in coding with the DLS...
The TL-250 is $200.

Not sure it's worth it just for LAN access for programming.

I already had a Keyspan USB-Serial adapter since I need it for programming numerous other systems. So far DLS IV has work perfectly with the Keyspan and 1832.

The Keyspan is only $25 and the PCLINK-SCW is $15. That's only $40.
But you need to go to the panel to program - what a PITA. You also don't have the ability to use a 2DS for monitoring outside of the Envisalink monitoring central. I use my TL250 for programming and monitoring at my central of choice.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
billinaz

Post by billinaz »

Bill D wrote:It sure seems like the elegant solution would be a firmware rev in the 2DS to eliminate the need for serial or a TL-250 when connecting DLS over the LAN.

Im set up the same way. Would be nice not to have to use the TL250.
Dolphran

Post by Dolphran »

Bill D wrote:It sure seems like the elegant solution would be a firmware rev in the 2DS to eliminate the need for serial or a TL-250 when connecting DLS over the LAN.

As my first post here and a new 2DS user, I would like to add my vote for this.
Bill D

Post by Bill D »

I got tired of wishing and waiting for the 2DS to add support for DLS over the LAN - so I found 2 unused pairs in my wall for the PC-Link serial signals. They run about 100 ft to my office.

Yes - DLS over the LAN via the 2DS would be more elegant - but this kludge works fine and eliminates lugging my laptop to the wiring closet every time I want to make a change.

I'm using a USB-Serial adapter made by PTC (FTDI chipset) instead of the recommended Keyspan unit.
cyberbeagle

Post by cyberbeagle »

Read the posts on here. All interesting... I'm in favor of the X-10 feature. I think it could be doable with the Send Keystroke String (max 6 keystrokes). Anyone succeed with X-10? If so, could you please explain what keystrokes you would send to turn on and off Automation Device 1 registered in the DSC panel. Much appreciated. Anyone ever use the actual DSC keypad to turn X-10 devices on or off? That could also help.

Thanks.
raygallion

Post by raygallion »

It would be nice to be able to schedule auto arm with stay or with away at a specific time and then be able to disarm at a specific time as well. Being able to schedule from the portal would be awesome.
bobone

Post by bobone »

Bypassing With the Portal

I kind of like the concept of needing a code for such a sensitive matter as bypassing.
At the same time the portal is great for not needing to know all the sequences by heart (on top of a stressful situation).

If I may wish, could you add a field to enter the code at the zone confirmation menu?

Bengt