New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

anderep

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by anderep »

When setting static IP address, please allow me to change the whole address and not just the last number. Or at least the third and fourth number.

My network is 192.168.0.1 with a net ask of 255.255.240.0, which is a large network:) . I set the dhcp server to start at 192.168.1.1 and up reserving 192.168.0.2 Thur ...1.255 for static routes. The evl4 pulled an address of 192.196.2.8 but will only allow me to Chang the last prefix when changing to static, I would want to set the static ip to some thing in my static range, 192.168.0.xxx.
anderep

Post by anderep »

https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... tion/41227

Native SmartThings support. I have 40+ sensors which would be great to have the sensors feed SmartThings.

I bought the evl4 knowing that it doesn’t have native support, but am using redloro’s nvm node.js server to do just this, see link above. Would be nice to be able to skip the node server.
jelockwood

Post by jelockwood »

@andrep
What you are using is 'supernetting'. That is using a network range bigger than the network class in this case a Class C would normally allow. This is perfectly legal from a networking point of view but perhaps less command and sadly some networking equipment and software does not always support this.

I hope EyezOn does but if it does not this might be part of the problem.
jelockwood

Post by jelockwood »

anderep wrote:https://community.smartthings.com/t/rel ... tion/41227

Native SmartThings support. I have 40+ sensors which would be great to have the sensors feed SmartThings.

I bought the evl4 knowing that it doesn’t have native support, but am using redloro’s nvm node.js server to do just this, see link above. Would be nice to be able to skip the node server.
I second this request for native Smartthings support.
anderep

Post by anderep »

jelockwood wrote:@andrep
What you are using is 'supernetting'. That is using a network range bigger than the network class in this case a Class C would normally allow. This is perfectly legal from a networking point of view but perhaps less command and sadly some networking equipment and software does not always support this.

I hope EyezOn does but if it does not this might be part of the problem.
It really isn’t a problem, just a request to change the user interface...
Attachments
22151296-A96C-4E6D-B3CF-5614FF1407BC.jpeg
22151296-A96C-4E6D-B3CF-5614FF1407BC.jpeg (509.71 KiB) Viewed 62085 times
jelockwood

Post by jelockwood »

My point was that if they don't support supernetting they may have deliberately prevented the user interface from letting you try to do this.

However I would agree most likely this is just an oversight.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

anderep wrote:When setting static IP address, please allow me to change the whole address and not just the last number. Or at least the third and fourth number.

My network is 192.168.0.1 with a net ask of 255.255.240.0, which is a large network:) . I set the dhcp server to start at 192.168.1.1 and up reserving 192.168.0.2 Thur ...1.255 for static routes. The evl4 pulled an address of 192.196.2.8 but will only allow me to Chang the last prefix when changing to static, I would want to set the static ip to some thing in my static range, 192.168.0.xxx.
Use a MAC reservation in your DHCP server instead. Many newer routers will firewall devices that don't appear in its DHCP table so using a MAC reservation is recommended over static IP assignment.
anderep

Post by anderep »

anderep wrote:When setting static IP address, please allow me to change the whole address and not just the last number. Or at least the third and fourth number.

My network is 192.168.0.1 with mask 255.255.240.0
I’ve never ran into issues superneting, yet I have 10 switches, two access points and every just works. All this after win XP though...
uski

Post by uski »

Hi
K-Man wrote:
uski wrote:please enable port 889 for Envisalink and not just Connect2Go
DLS2Go along with other options are Envisalink features only available under paid licence to professional dealers. There is nothing we can do about it.
Thanks, but I don't understand your answer.

The DLS link between the Envisalink and the panel is just a serial port connection.
The firmware has the capability to do IP to serial port. What goes to port 889 goes to the serial port, what comes from the serial port goes to port 889. It's already implemented. But it has been disabled in the "consumer" Envisalink.

I understand it has been purposedly disabled in Envisalink for marketing/commercial/money reasons.
I'd pay for this feature if it's just a question of money (as long as it's reasonnable). Something like $20 to enable the feature would seem OK to me.
Anything more does not make sense, I can get a TCP to serial port bridge for less than $15 from China.

There is no technical issue for this feature to be implemented, just removing a limitation set purposedly.

You are just making your customer's lifes unnecessarily hard with this type of arbitrary limitation.
I'm not trying to be mean of course, but it's just what it is.
Pabloalarma

Post by Pabloalarma »

Hi Community:
I have the EVL3 module and a DSC alarm.
Use the iOS app to set the alarm on and off.
It would be a great feature to set the alarm on/off automatically at predefined times.
Is it in mind for the EyezON iOS app?
Thanks