New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

uski

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by uski »

Hi

I forgot one : please enable port 889 for Envisalink and not just Connect2Go
It's the remote DLS port. I don't see why you would prevent Envisalink users to use DLS remotely. The hardware is there... you already have the firmware... just enable it and let us play with it :)

The use case is that I installed a full system at some relative's house and they live far away so I'd like to be able to make changes to the programming remotely. I can ask them to open the panel, connect to the DLS port with their computer, and use DLS remotely with TeamViewer or similar, but it's a useless pain where I could just wire the Envisalink to the DLS port and use DLS remotely like with Connect2go.

Thanks
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

McKeith wrote:Feature Request: Dedicated SMS "From" account.

I use zone following with SMS alerts, but really hate how the notifications come from random numbers. Please explore a way for the alerts to come from one dedicated number.

Many thanks,

Keith
That has nothing to do with Envisalerts, that is the nature of your carrier's email-to-SMS gateway. I think it has something to do with tracking SPAM which would make sense. My carrier always sends from the same number.

We have discussed using a short-code but this costs money per transaction so it couldn't be offered for free. It would have to be included in a premium pay package and limited to a few per day.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

uski wrote:Hi

I forgot one : please enable port 889 for Envisalink and not just Connect2Go
It's the remote DLS port. I don't see why you would prevent Envisalink users to use DLS remotely. The hardware is there... you already have the firmware... just enable it and let us play with it :)

The use case is that I installed a full system at some relative's house and they live far away so I'd like to be able to make changes to the programming remotely. I can ask them to open the panel, connect to the DLS port with their computer, and use DLS remotely with TeamViewer or similar, but it's a useless pain where I could just wire the Envisalink to the DLS port and use DLS remotely like with Connect2go.

Thanks
DLS2Go along with other options are Envisalink features only available under paid licence to professional dealers. There is nothing we can do about it.
air

Post by air »

Can we get the info for http command to arm in "Away" mode? Something similar to the below for arming in "Stay" mode where "A=3" is for arming in Stay.

Type: HTTP Device
Target: http://user:user@192.168.1.XXXX/2?A=3&p=1&X=YYYY
// Note: "user:user" is for username and password - these are the default values for the EVL4 and should be updated if changed
// XXX = the final digits of IP address (update)
// YYYY = alarm security code (update)
// A=3 => arm in stay mode
Http Verb: GET
Content Type: text/html
reidtr

Post by reidtr »

Is there anyway to change the event labels to say "armed" and "disarmed" instead of"opening" or closing"?
Also could you make the app display the actual names for the zones instead of just the zone numbers. I realize the even log displays the zone names but not the main app page.

Would be nice to tie this in with my NEST products (smoke/carbon monoxide dector and thermostat) as they can act like extra motion detectors when the NEST thermostat is set to away. Also it would be nice to tie in to alert you of smoke or CO2 from the NEST Detector.
Clipper

Post by Clipper »

1. Especially for us "self-monitoring" folks, to me the EyezOn app (on iphone) should have the ability to sound an alarm/play an alarm .wav file -- do something overt...whenever the house alarm goes off. Something that also bypasses the "silent" switch on the phone. Otherwise, receiving only a silent email or SMS text won't likely get my attention right away.

2. When I arm or disarm the system via the app, the status display doesn't automatically refresh itself. Can it?

3. Another plug for updating the graphic appearance/UI of the app. It's a great start! But it could be even better.

4. Amazon Echo integration? Similar to ADT's integration with the rebranded Vista 20P.

5. More camera integration? My impression is only a few cameras from one brand are supported (unless I am mistaken). ADT "Pulse" cameras for example?

6. Ditto on "armed" and "disarmed" instead of"opening" or closing"
NigelL

Re: New Feature Requests Chime DSC

Post by NigelL »

alexandreb78 wrote: I would like toknow if it would bw possible to add two command :
door chime enable
door chime disable
Please?

I currently use *4 for the door chime feature with my DSC panel but I would like to send a blind command so I wouldn't have to check the status
+1

This would be a very useful feature! Alternatively, a method to read back the Chime status would also help.
dolenec

Post by dolenec »

Own NTP IP settings for receiving correct current time from local network device

Can we expect own NTP server setting so that EnvisaLink4 can be used in offline mode (because of security settings I intend block device from WAN).

So I would like to write own NTP IP in device web interface. In my case I would write router gateway IP address from which EnvisaLink4 would receive current correct time as other devices in network already does..
dolenec

Post by dolenec »

PS. I'm using EVL4 card with Home Assistant and it's working great. I'm using my Sonoff RF receiver so that I enable/disable DSC alarm with my remote keys..

So, I'm loving it because it's working really great.. Only thing is local NTP server function which is missing..
dolenec

Post by dolenec »

Is this forum still alive?