New Feature Requests

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Bill D

Re: New Feature Requests

Post by Bill D »

I've just started exploring the current programming of my DCS Power832/PC5010. Simply viewing how all the sections are programmed is taking me zillions of button presses on my LCD panel and I'm only a few pages into the programming sheet. Yuk!

My New Feature suggestion is simply a way for users to extract their entire current programming. Since this can be accomplished with LCD panel buttons, you should be able to automate it.

I'm not suggesting the ability to input panel programing like the DSC DLS SW does, because its relatively easy for me to use my LCD panel to jump straight to a section where I want to make a change. I'm simply suggesting a "one-click snapshot" (Poor man's DLS) that generates something like a CSV file.
Last edited by Bill D on Mon May 14, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Alas, *6 does not work for me. It seems it will only arm in Away mode. I would like to arm in Stay mode every night unless the system is already armed. The 2DS could provide this function if others would benefit.
Cheers.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi Adventureboy, *6 on a DSC panel accesses master user options like setting the date/time, event log etc. It has nothing to do with arming.

That being said, since 2009 we've had the option of arming in either away or stay. It is right on the main command page of both the main portal and the mobile portal.

Have a look, you'll be impressed with what you can do!
stevew

Post by stevew »

adventureboy wrote:Alas, *6 does not work for me. It seems it will only arm in Away mode. I would like to arm in Stay mode every night unless the system is already armed. The 2DS could provide this function if others would benefit.
Cheers.
If you're referring to Scheduled Auto-arm, that feature only arms in away mode...you can not set it up to Auto-arm in stay mode. I have 2 partitions that Auto-arm every night at midnight and would love to have the 3rd partition arm in stay-mode, but DSC support has confirmed that it isn't possible.
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
adventureboy

Post by adventureboy »

Definitely impressed with what I can do with the portal. I'm just looking for a way to auto arm in Stay mode on a schedule. I travel a bit and my wife simply forgets to set it most nights. Wanted to take the manual step out of the picture.
gmanvbva

Post by gmanvbva »

adventureboy wrote:Definitely impressed with what I can do with the portal. I'm just looking for a way to auto arm in Stay mode on a schedule. I travel a bit and my wife simply forgets to set it most nights. Wanted to take the manual step out of the picture.
I would also be interested in the auto-arm in stay mode on a schedule.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We sort of have this feature for our GPS trackers. Where we can schedule commands to be sent at a future time and have the reoccur. I'll add this to the feature request list. It is something we could do on the Eyez-On side which wouldn't involve Envisacor.

Do I have this correct, you fine people are asking for the "stay arm" command to be sent everyday at a specific time?
stevew

Post by stevew »

That would be awesome - can't be done any other way automatically. I'm in!
www.autoland.ca
"Never argue with ignorance; they'll just drag you down to their level and beat you with experience..."
ualcaptainron

Post by ualcaptainron »

It would be very nice if I were able to program my thermostat to switch between day and night automatically on a schedule and arm my alarm automatically when the bedroom motion sensor is the last one activated over a period of time at night. It looks like Eyez-on has all the data, you only need the programming.
hypnosis4u2nv

Post by hypnosis4u2nv »

GrandWizard wrote:We sort of have this feature for our GPS trackers. Where we can schedule commands to be sent at a future time and have the reoccur. I'll add this to the feature request list. It is something we could do on the Eyez-On side which wouldn't involve Envisacor.

Do I have this correct, you fine people are asking for the "stay arm" command to be sent everyday at a specific time?
+1