Can Envisalink4 be installed in Totalconnect Vista 20 systems at the same time.

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Rightguy

Can Envisalink4 be installed in Totalconnect Vista 20 systems at the same time.

Post by Rightguy »

I would like to know if Envisalink4 will still work if installed into an upgraded Vista 20p "Totalconnect" system (Vista 20p or 20ip) originally prom upgraded by Alarmgrid.com prom and it has the iGSMV4G-TC2 or alarmnet communicator?

I guess this is also a dual communicator question.
Can someone have both installed at the same time (Envisalink4 and Totalconnect iGSMV4G-TC2) and pick and choose which services to use without stepping on or blocking the other communicators?

So for example. One person likes to use and pay for Totalconnect Monitoring and the vista panel is now Totalconnect hardware based. The other person prefers free self Monitoring on the same system a few months later.

No one wants to remove the Totalconnect hardware or devices but they just want to add on the Envisalink as a backup and or primary device without interference in total connect Monitoring or even if total connect isn't monitored.

If Totalconnect is connected with one ethernet or wifi connection and and in the same Vista 20p box an Envisalink4 was added and a second ethernet cable connected. Couldn't each communicator have separate IP address and be monitored separately maybe even by separate cental stations if both communicators had remote Monitoring plans?
Would the Envisalink4 need to be setup any special way to avoid disabling the Totalconnect module or iGSMV4G-TC2 ?

The goal is to have both Totalconnect iGSMV4G-TC2 (alarmgrid.com) and Envisalink4 running at the same time with different IPs on the same Vista 20p based box.

Can it be done? How?
Flyct

Re: Can Envisalink4 be installed in Totalconnect Vista 20 systems at the same time.

Post by Flyct »

It shouldn’t be an issue. I have a dual path internet/cellular communicator connected to Alarm Relay’s central station for monitoring and I have a Envisalink also installed as backup self monitoring. I can use either the cellular app from alarm company or the Envisalink app to control the alarm.

I use Envisalink free self monitoring.

I also get text and email messages from both communicators for events. I like the redundancy.

Last month I installed a Vista 20P with another EVL-4 in a recently purchased vacation home to self monitor. I love the product.

Rightguy

Re: Can Envisalink4 be installed in Totalconnect Vista 20 systems at the same time.

Post by Rightguy »

Thanks. AlarmGrid seemed to imply that with the Prom upgrade and the Totalconnect communicator there may be some conflict at the hardware level. Sounds like you have both running together with no problem.
That's what I wanted to confirm but I wasn't sure if either EyezOn supported installing into or on top/next to the Totalconnect (TC) hardware/ firmware communicator options or if Honeywell or TC dealers were just scaring off dual communicator EyezOn solutions.
Have you had any install difficulty or config problems keeping both TC and EyezOn working in parallel?

Much appreciated.
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

Programming is not difficult. Instructions here https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php

When you have another communicator enabled in *29 then the only thing different is to follow instructions to enable “shadowing” in part 1 of instructions.
Flyct

Post by Flyct »

More detailed installation instructions are here: https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/EyezonEn ... nGuide.pdf
Rightguy

Post by Rightguy »

Thanks. Just to cover all bases.. Suppose we reverse this scenario and we have an ADT monitored Vista 20p system that was telephone dialer enabled only. Later an Envisalink4 was added for self Monitoring but the only Central Station Monitoring is still just the ADT analog dialer. ADT never knows that Envisalink4 is even installed. Now, a Total Connect (alarmgrid) salesperson offers to replace that older ADT prom with one compatible with an iGSMV4G-TC2 and offers to do internet and cellular dual path Monitoring. You already have internet self Monitoring through Envisalink4 but you are interested in the Cellular Monitoring backup so you are tempted to add the TC2 iGSMV4G-TC2 for redundancy and Monitoring. Will the iGSMV4G-TC2 by default disable the ADT analog dialer or can you have all three (4 if you keep the dual ip communicators):
1) CELLULAR (TC2 MONITORED)
2) TC2 INTERNET MONITORING
3) ENVISALINK4 SELF MONITORING CONTINUES
4) ADT ANALOG PHONE DIALER (MAYBE PROGRAMMED TO TC2 STATION OR STILL ADT MONITORING)

Very redundant but can you keep all 4 pathways of Monitoring without say disabling analog phone? Etc.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

So long as the panel is not an older ADT SafeWatch panel that you upgraded with non-ADT firmware then you can pretty much do whatever you want. The Envisalink will work in all the arrangements you mention.

But really this discussion is academic because as soon as you get your Envisalink you will say to yourself "why have I been paying for TC when the Envisalink does it all, and more, for FREE". :D
Rightguy

Post by Rightguy »

It actually is an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 (Custom) system Vista 20 panel by ADT with Prom version Chip with a white sticker that says:
"WA3001-2.0A
@COPYRIGTH
PITTWAY 2002
REV. 2.0A"

Does that make a difference?
Is there a Cellular Communicator that works better with this system and EyezOn besides the iGSMV4G-TC2?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Rightguy wrote:It actually is an ADT Safewatch Pro 3000 (Custom) system Vista 20 panel by ADT with Prom version Chip with a white sticker that says:
"WA3001-2.0A
@COPYRIGTH
PITTWAY 2002
REV. 2.0A"

Does that make a difference?
Is there a Cellular Communicator that works better with this system and EyezOn besides the iGSMV4G-TC2?
Yes, that's an old 2.X version PROM. Customers who upgrade to a current version like 10.XX find they can no longer use their IP/GSM/LRR communicators. I believe version 9.X and down seem to be fine.

You can pretty much use any GSM (LTE) communicator. Honeywell communicators use AlarmNET (TC relates to interactive services only, not monitoring) and DSC communicators use Connect24. Envisacor keeps promising us an LTE expansion board for the Envisalink but that's been a rumour for over a year. Our monitoring station(s) support both AlarmNET and C24.

So your options would be the GSMX4G from Honeywell or the LE4000 from DSC. Both will work with your Vista.
Rightguy

Post by Rightguy »

I also want to add a Tuxedo Touch for a 2nd Vista Panel for Zwave integration and Home Automation. Do I need a 9.x prom for that too or when should a Prom like this one be upgraded and what is the best Vista 20p Prom version to get and from which source?
Does switching the Prom require reprogramming all sensors or do those system settings carry over during a prom upgrade to 9.x??

If I get just the 9.x? Prom from ??? then the Vista 20p system (Safewatch Pro 3000 custom) would be ready for all next generation devices and communicators including Totalconnect? Right?