EVL4 stopped sending me sms messages

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

wildvortex

EVL4 stopped sending me sms messages

Post by wildvortex »

Hi all, I have had this problem once before but can not recall the fix for the problem. I was getting sms message perfectly but had to reset my modem, router and server and since doing so I am no longer receiving sms messages
GrandWizard

Re: EVL4 stopped sending me sms messages

Post by GrandWizard »

wildvortex wrote:Hi all, I have had this problem once before but can not recall the fix for the problem. I was getting sms message perfectly but had to reset my modem, router and server and since doing so I am no longer receiving sms messages
Did you check to see if it was online? Did you check the status of all the LEDs and make sure they are correct?
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

When I changed something on my network, I recall not what, I had to log in to the EVL and reboot it to persuade it to "see" the change.
wildvortex

Post by wildvortex »

Yes, it is online, I clicked "enable TPI session alerts" and it sent me a couple sms messages but hasn't sent anything since.
Tpi status is online.
DHCP status is bound
Envisalert status is offline...have never seen this before if I remember correctly

Home shows status as ready
wildvortex

Post by wildvortex »

Ok, just logged in using eyezon and my device is not communicating with eyezon...sorry use DSCserver app to control. Is there a specific IP address that it must be?

I made the network settings static, let it reset, then deselected make network settings static and reset. Then it connected. Wish I knew what the fault actually was though. Or, is this thing just that finicky?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

wildvortex wrote:Ok, just logged in using eyezon and my device is not communicating with eyezon...sorry use DSCserver app to control. Is there a specific IP address that it must be?

I made the network settings static, let it reset, then deselected make network settings static and reset. Then it connected. Wish I knew what the fault actually was though. Or, is this thing just that finicky?
A lot of new routers won't route traffic from devices that are not in its DHCP table, mine included. You can't use the static IP option within the Envisalink, you have to use a MAC reservation instead.