Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Rob1

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by Rob1 »

Will this skill be available in Canada anytime soon? I do not want to create a US account....

Besides, you are a Canadian company correct?

Cheers
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Rob1 wrote:Will this skill be available in Canada anytime soon? I do not want to create a US account....

Besides, you are a Canadian company correct?

Cheers
It is in the annoucement, Amazon restricts the skill to US accounts, not us.

The short answer to when is "we have no idea and I wouldn't hold my breath".
Rob1

Post by Rob1 »

Missed that - OK Thanks....

I've seen this with other Alexa skills but eventually they do get released to Canada (I hope)...
dinosinc

Post by dinosinc »

I had a similar issue with an app, that would not work in Canada, for some reason the vendor needed to have it bilingual for it to work in Canada.. may be this is the case with this app ?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

dinosinc wrote:I had a similar issue with an app, that would not work in Canada, for some reason the vendor needed to have it bilingual for it to work in Canada.. may be this is the case with this app ?
No, Amazon just released the skill in December and only in the US. It will be rolled-out to the other regions but right now they are saying it is only available to en-US/US Region customers.

I don't think it will be long before the other linguistic regions get it, at least for English (en-CA, en-AU, en-GB)

We will inform Eyezon and our partners when it becomes available.

K
bfassler752

Post by bfassler752 »

Is anyone having an issue with the Skill not arming? I activated it, linked it to my account, and it disarms fine. But when I ask it to arm in either stay or away mode, it just lights up the keypad, says it is armed, but nothing changes. I noticed a review on the skill said the same thing (one of the reviews is mine).

Thought I'd check here. I really want to use the skill to arm the thing.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Do you have quick-arming enabled on your panel? If you read the anouncement, Alexa only supports quick-arm methods for both Honeywell and DSC. So if you have programmed your panel to require a code to arm, as it sounds like you have, then you can't arm with Alexa.
bfassler752

Post by bfassler752 »

I will check that, but I typically just press "stay" on my panel to arm. I'll let you all know, appreciate the feedback.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

bfassler752 wrote:I will check that, but I typically just press "stay" on my panel to arm. I'll let you all know, appreciate the feedback.
If it doesn't work submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal and we can pull the log from Amazon.
bfassler752

Post by bfassler752 »

I got it working. We just moved into this house in August, so it's been a bit of a guessing game with the alarm setup, but as far as I know, this house has only one partition. However, the quick arm programming was set to 1 2. I changed it to 1 1 and now it works. Oh well. Thanks for your help.