Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by K-Man »

Jeff H wrote:Will there ever be a similar integration for Google Home users?
Yes, we are working on it. Google's developer portal for Google Home was down for almost a month so we are delayed.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Thank you for the response.
I look forward to it.
Jeff
alexs20

Post by alexs20 »

Great skill, love it. But one small thing... Could you update the skill that default arming mode will be "in away mode" ? I do not think that lot of people arming in "stay" mode, but when i say "arm security system" without specifying the mode it goes into "stay" would be nice to get the "away mode" as the default handler.
Thanks.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

alexs20 wrote:Great skill, love it. But one small thing... Could you update the skill that default arming mode will be "in away mode" ? I do not think that lot of people arming in "stay" mode, but when i say "arm security system" without specifying the mode it goes into "stay" would be nice to get the "away mode" as the default handler.
Thanks.
Well speak for yourself.. anyway 2 words vs 1 word?

"Alexa Arm" vs Alexa Arm Away"? They should rewrite the code for that? come on man!
alexs20

Post by alexs20 »

Zonker wrote:
alexs20 wrote:Great skill, love it. But one small thing... Could you update the skill that default arming mode will be "in away mode" ? I do not think that lot of people arming in "stay" mode, but when i say "arm security system" without specifying the mode it goes into "stay" would be nice to get the "away mode" as the default handler.
Thanks.
Well speak for yourself.. anyway 2 words vs 1 word?

"Alexa Arm" vs Alexa Arm Away"? They should rewrite the code for that? come on man!
This is not a big change. Just two lines in json file. But anyway.. Never tried to say like "Alexa Arm Away", will try. But in generally speaking it could be a parameter in settings which defines the preferable arming mode. Why not?
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

Are there any plans to allow the "Alarm Device" to be used in Alexa Routines. Currently the EVL Device is not available for selection when creating a new routine. Obvious benefits would be geofence arming, controlling lights, turning on otherdevices, etc...

Thanks,
mwortham

Post by mwortham »

Bravo EyezOn folks on the Alexa skill! Y'all knocked it out of the park with this one!

I've found this new capability to be extremely useful. And it was a really pleasant surprise to see that my CT-50 thermostat can also be controlled through Alexa with this skill. Super cool!
BuxtonCalvin

Post by BuxtonCalvin »

I have a vista 20p and an EVL 3 device. I have several zones programmed as zone type 90 (vent doors) and zone type 91 (vent windows). The panel (via keyboard)allows me to arm stay and arm instant with these zones open. However, the alexa skill does not allow me to arm when any of these zones are open. Is there anything you can do about this? I am able to arm the panel both in away and instant through the envisilink web site app when these zones are open.
mwortham

Post by mwortham »

Is it possible to control the programmable outputs on a DSC panel with Alexa?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

alexs20 wrote: This is not a big change. Just two lines in json file. But anyway.. Never tried to say like "Alexa Arm Away", will try. But in generally speaking it could be a parameter in settings which defines the preferable arming mode. Why not?
The list of acceptable utterances are right at the top of this thread: "Alexa, arm my home in away mode"

Anyhow, with regards to what Amazon sets as default, that isn't how it works. Amazon has a device abstraction called a Security Panel, and manufacturers like us have to modify our API to to match, as best as we can, what they have built. In the case of arming and disarming, there is no default arming state. Amazon either calls our ARM STAY method, or our ARM AWAY method, there is no ARM method.

So if there is a default mode, it lies within the big Alexa black box.