Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

K-Man

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by K-Man »

bfassler752 wrote:I got it working. We just moved into this house in August, so it's been a bit of a guessing game with the alarm setup, but as far as I know, this house has only one partition. However, the quick arm programming was set to 1 2. I changed it to 1 1 and now it works. Oh well. Thanks for your help.
Would you mind changing your review on Amazon from 2 stars to 5? I think that is only fair to all the developers who worked hard on it.
bfassler752

Post by bfassler752 »

I would love to. I can’t figure out how to.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

bfassler752 wrote:I would love to. I can’t figure out how to.
I looked it up you need to....

To edit a review:

1. Go to Your Profile.
2. In the Community activity section, find the review you want to change.
3. Select Edit review or Delete review.
bfassler752

Post by bfassler752 »

Thanks for the suggestion. I couldn't find my profile or the community option you suggested, but I did figure out how to change the review (just scroll down, click on submit review, and then you can edit it). I'm not sure how I missed that yesterday. Anyway, I upped it to 5 stars. Thanks all.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

K-Man wrote:
EDIT: Yes, *9 arming works

*9 Arming does not work as that requires a code. You can't switch it after the system is Armed either by asking to Arm Night. Alexa tells you that you must disarm first. So Armed Night does not get you the Armed Zero Entry Delay that *9 command provides.

This is on a DSC 1832 using EVL3
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I have tested Night Mode arming on a newer 1832 and an older 832 and it does not work for exactly the reason listed by Zonker. I cannot find a way to program the panel to Quick Arm in either mode. Until we can figure out the descrepancy I have added an entry to the skill-notes saying that Night Mode and Zero-Entry delay modes are not available for DSC panels.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

GrandWizard wrote: I have added an entry to the skill-notes saying that Night Mode and Zero-Entry delay modes are not available for DSC panels.
Thanks GrandWizard. Do you think it would be possible to add some definition to using "Existing security system PINs" vs. "Alexa-specific code" in the skill notes? Since Alexa requires an existing code on the DSC panel, how would an Alexa-specific code work? Is that so you don't need to speak your code when saying disarm? If so, a little clarification would be helpful.

Thanks,
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

My understanding is that the Alexa Voice Code is for security systems that don't have user codes. Where on Earth you would find one, I'm not sure. Maybe if you took your time machine back to the 70's.

The Eyezon skill requires you to use Existing Security System Pins for all panel types, DSC, SOLO, UNO, and Honeywell.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Will there ever be a similar integration for Google Home users?
pd2482

Post by pd2482 »

Yes, would love a google home integration for us Google Home users