Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Jeff H

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by Jeff H »

"SideKick" LTE backup ? Can you share information on that?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It is the LTE backup expansion module for the Envisalink 4 that they've been promising for over a year. It will provide our Envisalarms users a backup wireless monitoring path for their alarm signals.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Thank you. That is great to hear. I look forward to it as well as I am sure others will also.
brmorrow1

Post by brmorrow1 »

Can anyone help me out with disarming via Alexa? Arming works great! I have tried two valid Pins that I currently use to arm/disarm with no luck. I ask Alexa to disarm, it prompts for the PIN and the response is "Alarm system is not authorized to perform this command."
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

brmorrow1 wrote:Can anyone help me out with disarming via Alexa? Arming works great! I have tried two valid Pins that I currently use to arm/disarm with no luck. I ask Alexa to disarm, it prompts for the PIN and the response is "Alarm system is not authorized to perform this command."
See the instuctions at the head of this thread. You must enable disarming via the Alexa app in order to do this. It is a security required of Amazon's.
sylvaing

Post by sylvaing »

Since there is no word (from Amazon) when it will be available in other countries, I guess there is no point asking when it will be available in other languages, right? I would love to see French Canadian, but for now, HA_Bridge will do I guess. Kinda limited to stay arming but better than nothing...
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We've had a lot of calls into tech support saying that when they try and arm their system via Alexa, the AI responds immediately with "<security system> is not responding". The system does actually arm even though "she" says the system is not responding.

I talked to my colleague at Envisacor and he says the issue is with Amazon's skill. It looks like something changed on their end and they didn't notify the developers. This only affects the "ARM" utternace and the system does actually arm. Alexa just doesn't seem to think it did.

As far as we can tell this started about a week ago.

The developers are working on it and will report back as soon as they know something.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

GrandWizard wrote:We've had a lot of calls into tech support saying that when they try and arm their system via Alexa, the AI responds immediately with "<security system> is not responding". The system does actually arm even though "she" says the system is not responding.

I talked to my colleague at Envisacor and he says the issue is with Amazon's skill. It looks like something changed on their end and they didn't notify the developers. This only affects the "ARM" utternace and the system does actually arm. Alexa just doesn't seem to think it did.

As far as we can tell this started about a week ago.

The developers are working on it and will report back as soon as they know something.
We received an email from Amazon this morning saying that they can reproduce the issue and the problem is with Alexa. No ETA given.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

K-Man wrote:
GrandWizard wrote:
We received an email from Amazon this morning saying that they can reproduce the issue and the problem is with Alexa. No ETA given.
I can confirm that it has been working now for me the past two days. So looks like Amazon has corrected the problem.
Jeff H

Post by Jeff H »

Any update on the LTE backup, or the Google Home integration ?

Thanks