Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

12johnniej

Re: Amazon Alexa Envisalink Skill Information

Post by 12johnniej »

I'm having trouble with the Alexa skill.
I have an alarm in my garage which has the Envisalink 4 in it.
I can arm and disarm my unit using Alexa and the app on my mobile phone.

However if I try to disarm the unit from on of the Amazon Echo I have in my home it tells me it's not authorized to disarm the unit.
But if I go back to the skill settings and turn off the enable voice disarm and then turn it back on it will work from the Amazon Echo but then later on will not work again.
It always works from the mobile app using Alexa voice commands but does not from the Echo unit in the house.
Does anyone have any idea of what the problem might be.
Thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Each profile has to have voice arming enabled. If you have multiple users/profiles make sure they are all enabled.

Also, every time you run discovery on your panel, Amazon resets the voice arming option so you have to go back in and do it again.
12johnniej

Post by 12johnniej »

Thanks for the reply. I only have one profile. My wife just uses mine.
I'm not sure I follow the part about each time you run discovery on your panel.
What panel. Do you mean the alarm panel?? I wouldn't know how to do that.
I have the app on my phone and 4 of the Amazon Echo's in my house and like I said it always works from the app on the phone but not on the echo's in the house.
Please forgive me if I sound stupid on this because I will be the first to admit that I am.
I'm just trying to get them all to do the same thing and thought maybe I have some setting wrong someplace.
Thanks for the help
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal account and we can help you further. We can't do this in public.
12johnniej

Post by 12johnniej »

Will do and thanks for the help
Stormcar77

Post by Stormcar77 »

Are there any plans to allow this skill to arm multiple partitions? Currently only see the main partition which works perfectly.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Stormcar77 wrote:Are there any plans to allow this skill to arm multiple partitions? Currently only see the main partition which works perfectly.
Yes, we were working with the software team back in March on this, right before the shutdown. I will ask if development will continue.

The way they had it working was that each partition looked like a separate security panel to Alexa. I remember the only bump was that you had to name the partition, like zones, for them to show up during discovery.
Stormcar77

Post by Stormcar77 »

GrandWizard wrote:
Stormcar77 wrote:Are there any plans to allow this skill to arm multiple partitions? Currently only see the main partition which works perfectly.
Yes, we were working with the software team back in March on this, right before the shutdown. I will ask if development will continue.

The way they had it working was that each partition looked like a separate security panel to Alexa. I remember the only bump was that you had to name the partition, like zones, for them to show up during discovery.

That would be awesome. At the moment my zones are named but I can't arm my Garden... Any plans happening with routines?
R0okey

Post by R0okey »

I would also love to see support for Alexa routines? Any hope?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

R0okey wrote:I would also love to see support for Alexa routines? Any hope?
My understanding is that we can only do what Amazon allows us to do and routines is not one of the things supported by the security system context (template). Just like bypassing or any other normal security system function that they seem to have never heard of.

I believe the SW guys were looking at work arounds but none of them sounded pretty to me.