Questions from a new houseowner

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

gurkburk76

Questions from a new houseowner

Post by gurkburk76 »

So i bought a house where there is a DSC alarm system (PC1616) with 2 panels (house + garage) and also a zone extender. I think i have 11zones or so, is this supported in Envisalink4?

I want to add a envisalink 4 to it, i do have the master and install code so i'm guessing it would be as easy aspower down the system + battery and plug it it?
Do i need to do any changes to configuration like telling the system that there is another panel? can't find any info on that in the manual.

I also have it hooked up to an old landline that's no longer in use so i think i can remove that to clean up the cable clutter in the box.

Landline turn off, [380] option 1 off or [015] option 7 turned off.
might add gsm module in the future, any good/cheap ones?

To sum it up:

1) do i need to "add" the "panel" (Envisalink4) in the configuration somehow?
2) turn off batt + power yes? any problem when restering power? got install code + master code.
3) do you know if there is support for many zones in Envisalink4? I think i've count mine to 11.
GrandWizard

Re: Questions from a new houseowner

Post by GrandWizard »

DSC panel installations are almost trivial, you just hook it up, no programming required.

So to answer your questions:

1) No, just hook it up to the Keybus.
2) We always suggest you power-down the entire panel before making any hardware changes. This will not affect any of your panel programming.
3) The Envisalink supports all 64 zones on DSC panels and all 128 zones on larger Honeywell panels.

Just buy it, install it, and love it. It is that easy.
gurkburk76

Re: Questions from a new houseowner

Post by gurkburk76 »

Ok, just what i needed to hear, thanks!