Search this forum....

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Very Secure

Search this forum....

Post by Very Secure »

Is it just me or does the search function on this forum not work?
No matter what I enter, I receive the same message "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: update."
GrandWizard

Re: Search this forum....

Post by GrandWizard »

Yeah. The word database has gotten too large so it will say that. We need to cull some older posts when we do normal maintenance at the end of the month.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

We did some maintenance on the board yesterday and the search function is now working again.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

On a related topic: I tried using both Google and DuckDuckGo (e.g.: <search term> site:forum.eyez-on.com) and both came up bupkis on several words and terms I confirmed existed in the forums. Are y'all denying those search engines' indexing the forums?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Crikey wrote:On a related topic: I tried using both Google and DuckDuckGo (e.g.: <search term> site:forum.eyez-on.com) and both came up bupkis on several words and terms I confirmed existed in the forums. Are y'all denying those search engines' indexing the forums?
Nope, we allow full indexing of the forum.
Crikey

Post by Crikey »

GrandWizard wrote:
Crikey wrote:On a related topic: I tried using both Google and DuckDuckGo (e.g.: <search term> site:forum.eyez-on.com) and both came up bupkis on several words and terms I confirmed existed in the forums. Are y'all denying those search engines' indexing the forums?
Nope, we allow full indexing of the forum.
Hmmm... Must've been operator headspace, then :) Thanks for the follow-up.