Operational?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Conehead

Operational?

Post by Conehead »

Hi, can someone please confirm that if the two green lights as shown are on steady, that the module should be operational? Or should they be blinking. Thank you!
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2748.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2748.jpg (177.56 KiB) Viewed 41220 times
GrandWizard

Re: Operational?

Post by GrandWizard »

Normal operation is all 5 LEDs steady green. Anything else indicates a problem

OPER - Steady Green - Power and microprocessor is operating
KEYB - Steady Green - EVL4 is communicating normally with the panel
NET - Steady Green - EVL4 has an IP via DHCP. Flashing Green EVL4 has a static IP
ONLINE - Steady Green - EVL4 is online with the Envisalerts server and has a valid account.
LINK - Steady Green - An Ethernet link has been established with the router. LED will flicker with Ethernet activity
Conehead

Post by Conehead »

This is a very helpful response! Yes, both OPER and KEYB are steady green, but (so far) I have not yet had any indications from the NET, ONLINE and LINK LEDs. This is not surprising since I am having to troubleshoot why the CAT5 from the wifi repeater (shown in picture) isn't transmitting the signal to the module.

My next step is to try and connect it directly to my router but it's like 50' away. In any case, it sounds like the module is working properly so far. Thank you again!
Attachments
thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_2755.jpg (172.93 KiB) Viewed 41214 times
Very Secure

Post by Very Secure »

With respect, I would strongly recommend spending $20 on a CAT5 or CAT6 Ethernet cable to directly connect your device to the router (if at all possible). WiFi (especially with a repeater) is a less than ideal connection for a security system.
Conehead

Post by Conehead »

I agree with you, and that makes sense on several levels. The issue is that the alarm panel is in an upstairs closet and the router is in a downstairs room. I may have to go up into the attic and try to pull the cable down to the router, which will be very challenging. However, it does make more sense so would be worth the trouble. Before I go to that trouble though, I should pull a 50' cable and plug it in by just snaking it up the stairs, down the hall, etc. I hope that fixes the connection issue. If it doesn't, then I'm at a loss. :shock:
Conehead

Post by Conehead »

I direct connected my router to the board this morning as per attached photo, and still no signal. Is there anything else I can check before I return the board, assuming it's faulty? Thanks.
Attachments
Alarm.jpg
Alarm.jpg (221.26 KiB) Viewed 41191 times
mikep

Post by mikep »

"Anything else" - the cable? I'd be tempted to move the router closer to the panel (even if it's not connected to the internet) and use a short cable to confirm whether the envisalink comes up and the router gives it an IP (Net will be lit and you'll see it in your router status). Or use a laptop and internet connection sharing to verify the entire path. While it's certainly possible it seems odd/rare that an envisalink board would come up, connect to the panel, but be unable to get an IP from your router.
DscServer for android/linux/windows: https://sites.google.com/site/mppsuite/dscserver
Conehead

Post by Conehead »

I agree. I can't imagine that the board lights up as it has but it's faulty in some other way such that it can't receive the net connection. I bought a 75' CAT6, tried it this morning, then returned the cable after testing that it didn't fix the communication issue. I don't see any dipswitch settings to try so was wondering if I needed to switch a setting on the main board to "allow" remote communications to control it perhaps? Your suggestion of connecting a laptop to it is helpful.
Conehead

Post by Conehead »

Just to close the loop on this. I contacted Eyezon Support and they were excellent. Everything is up and running well!