Did the ability to Arm Env4 by URL stop working...

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

brentgunn

Did the ability to Arm Env4 by URL stop working...

Post by brentgunn »

Hey everyone.
I setup a powershell script a while back that would arm my alarm using the
http://user:user@192.168.1.x/2?A=3p=1x=YYYY
command to arm my system.

I had things shut down for a while during some construction around the house and want to re-enable it and i cant seem to get that to work.

When using the Developer tools on chrome i can see when you click the ARM button it appears to still use A=3 - A=4 is disarm.

Anyways, can anyone confirm this is still the correct URL.
Thanks!
sks8100

Re: Did the ability to Arm Env4 by URL stop working...

Post by sks8100 »

This place is the black hole man. Put a question on a forum and majority go unanswered. Envisalink needs to up their support model.

for my alarm DCS832/1616 with env 4:

away mode:
http://IP/2?A=3&p=1&X=1234
where 1234 is your alarm code and IP is the IP of the envisalink local server

disarm is
http://IP/2?A=4&p=1&X=1234

for the life of me i cant figure out how to turn on stay mode. However the codes above still work. If anybody know how to turn on stay home please put it down in the thread.

As for user auth i'm passing the credenials through an HTTPBasic auth header in a python script. This way i can connect it to my phone or watch and use siri for the above.

Hope this helps
richieframe

Post by richieframe »

As listed in the first reply, you are missing the ampersand delimeters from the URL, and the X should be capitalized
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

sks8100 wrote:This place is the black hole man. Put a question on a forum and majority go unanswered. Envisalink needs to up their support model.

for my alarm DCS832/1616 with env 4:

away mode:
http://IP/2?A=3&p=1&X=1234
where 1234 is your alarm code and IP is the IP of the envisalink local server

disarm is
http://IP/2?A=4&p=1&X=1234

for the life of me i cant figure out how to turn on stay mode. However the codes above still work. If anybody know how to turn on stay home please put it down in the thread.

As for user auth i'm passing the credenials through an HTTPBasic auth header in a python script. This way i can connect it to my phone or watch and use siri for the above.

Hope this helps
DSC panels don't allow you to ARM STAY using a code without subsequently breaching an exit zone. Its a "feature" of the panel.
sks8100

Post by sks8100 »

@GrandWizard how do you arm it in stay mode without a code then?

there must be a way to do it via the internal IP address....its no different to how i can arm it in stay via the app...it must be calling some API somewhere to do it?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

sks8100 wrote:@GrandWizard how do you arm it in stay mode without a code then?

there must be a way to do it via the internal IP address....its no different to how i can arm it in stay via the app...it must be calling some API somewhere to do it?
What these people are doing is kinda hacking the local web interface. That interface does not have an option to arm without a code so as far as I know there is no way to do an ARM STAY from the local interface.

The Eyezon mobile app does not use the TPI nor the local interface. It communicates directly with the cloud-based service.
dave_eyez

Post by dave_eyez »

I think ability to arm by URL is desired by some users for quick access and DIY automations -- it's easy and circumvents the need for cloud service. I know I would encourage customers to use this method if it worked with the basic options.

I wonder if the local web interface can be updated to include separate buttons for away arm, stay arm, and disarm.... with a logical correspondence in the "A" variable from the URL string. Maybe in a not too distant firmware update?
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Yes we added some more arming options for DSC in the current devlopment build. It is sort of an "omnibus" build which is holding back release due to the large amount of testing required. I don't know if we will officially support this method of access but watch this forum for more info for DIYers.

K
dave_eyez

Post by dave_eyez »

Fantastic K-Man -- looking forward to it. Will Honeywell panels get the same treatment as DSC? We are partial to Honeywell over here.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

Some DSC features have no analog in Ademco-land. There is an option to send an arbitrary key sequence akin to the "custom sequence" option which you may or may not have through your service provider's portal. It is limited to 10 keystrokes including * and # on Honeywell panels. Same goes for DSC for that matter.

K