Vista20P forgot zones and envisalink after flooding

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Spqr105

Vista20P forgot zones and envisalink after flooding

Post by Spqr105 »

Hey guys,

So the geniuses who built my home decided that the perfect spot for a security panel would be directly benwath a water softener drain. As luck would have it, the drain overflowed and saturated the panel with water.

After several days of letting it dry and replacing an existing envisalink board, it appears that the panel forgot all of the some numbers. The display panels will alert me when the system is ready/not ready but will no longer display the Zone number of the faulted zone. Furthermore, it will no longer take commands from the envisalink even though the system status is available for viewing. The system also remembers my code for arming and disarming the system but that's about it.

I'm looking for some advice on how I should proceed. Is it possible that the water just made the panel forget the zones but is still functional? Does it make sense to try to reprogram it? If so, why wouldn't it accept commands from the envisalink.

Or should I purchase a brand new vista 20p panel and start from scratch? Or is there a more modern day solution/opportunity to upgrade the panel to something else?

I will say that I only have the keypads that display numbers and not letters. Should I be replacing the keypads as well?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
GrandWizard

Re: Vista20P forgot zones and envisalink after flooding

Post by GrandWizard »

I would submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal. One of our Honeywell techs might be able to figure out what is going on.
Dranck01

Re: Vista20P forgot zones and envisalink after flooding

Post by Dranck01 »

that is pretty much the reason why I created a Google document that has all of my zones and serial numbers listed. It also has all of my relay and other programming noted. That way, when I did need to change out my panel because it was not working properly. It was easy enough to program everything in.