TPI Interface for UNO firmware

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

magmastonealex

TPI Interface for UNO firmware

Post by magmastonealex »

Hello,

I'm attempting to use an EVL-4 module in standalone "UNO" mode with the TPI commands described in http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopi ... c1da8b89b1.

When connecting to port 4025, I receive a "Login:" prompt as if this device is using the Ademco/Honewell-style TPI interface.

However, I don't receive any zone-change notifications through TPI, and any attempts to run commands (Poll, dump zone timers) causes the device to immediately enter "panic" mode and trigger the alarm, even if it was previously disarmed.

Attempts to use it with the "DSC" style commands are also unsuccessful, with nothing being returned and the UNO-8 module beeping once.

Is there any documentation available for the TPI commands usable in this version of the firmware? Or is TPI unsupported with the UNO modules?

My module is running firmware 01.04.182U.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
GrandWizard

Re: TPI Interface for UNO firmware

Post by GrandWizard »

There is no functioning TPI for UNO mode. UNO is really meant for industrial and commercial applications, not residential.
slobo

Re: TPI Interface for UNO firmware

Post by slobo »

I too would love TPI for UNO. Perhaps I was a bit rash in purchasing UNO to replace an ancient DSC PC2550 panel while repurposing all the sensors. In the initial investigation UNO looked like hacker's dream! I saw that Home Assistant has support for Envisalink 4, so assumed that it was fully controllable using some standard APIs, but uppon further inspection I see that only DSC and Honeywell modes are supported by HASS integration :(

Any chance you will reconsider and release something "official"? Even just some documentation on how the unit communicates with the cloud servers would probably be sufficient for my needs...

Or is my only option to do web-scraping of the local interface? If so, do you foresee any issues with the unit if HTTP is polled once per second?

Thanks!