Envisalink integration with Home Assistant (HA)

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

alarmie

Envisalink integration with Home Assistant (HA)

Post by alarmie »

Hi, this is for any Home Assistant users out there. I am migrating from Smartthings to HA and decided to use my Envisalink 3 to connect my alarm. I used this Envisalink for years so Smartthings could see everything going on with the alarm and the TPI connection stayed connected without any issues at all.

Yet, as I have moved over to HA, disconnects have been unpredictable and fairly frequent. This is the integration I am using: https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/envisalink/

What happened when I first set everything up is I was getting a TPI disconnect and re-connect everything 20 minutes or so. I now have it down to the connection usually lasting about a day or so. I've resetted the Evisalink, made a static IP on the router side (I had it set for static IP on the Envisalink side, but it seems to stay connected longer with this off.) I'm running this on a Raspberry PI using a high-speed LAN, so there's no connection issues. I even change the IP address to see if that's the issue.

I think I've narrowed it down to these 3 settings within the configuration.yaml file. Here's my current settings (the standard settings cause very frequent disconnects):

keepalive_interval: 18
zonedump_interval: 30
timeout: 100 (just changed this from a 50, I'm not sure what difference this will make)

It's pretty frustrating every time I get the TPI disconnect notice and highly believe it's the software, not the hardware. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
rapt0rx101

Re: Envisalink integration with Home Assistant (HA)

Post by rapt0rx101 »

this is my settings has no problems so far running for more than a year.

host: 192.168.1.90
panel_type: DSC
user_name: *****
password: ******
code: ****
port: 4025
evl_version: 4
keepalive_interval: 60
zonedump_interval: 30
timeout: 10
panic_type: Police
zones: