Receive "Fire Alarm Restored" immediately after triggering the fire alarm

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

trtv

Receive "Fire Alarm Restored" immediately after triggering the fire alarm

Post by trtv »

Hello,

I've the EVL4 DSC. I sent the command "060,1" to trigger the fire alarm. That worked. However, after receiving an email with the subjects "Security Event: Keypad [F]ire Alarm", I immediately received another email "Security Event: Keypad [F]ire Alarm Restoral". This is even before I enter my code to turn off the fire alarm.

This looks like a bug to me. The second email should not have arrived until the panel is disarmed.

Anyone sees the same problem?

Thanks,
GrandWizard

Re: Receive "Fire Alarm Restored" immediately after triggering the fire alarm

Post by GrandWizard »

That is how DSC panels work. If you hit the F key on your keypad it will generate a Fire panic and immediately restore because you let go of the button. Fire panic is different from tripping a fire zone.

Try it yourself from a keypad
trtv

Post by trtv »

Thanks. I did notice that on the panel as well. Is there a way that we can trigger a fire zone programmatically then? The use case would be having some motion sensors on the 2nd floor. If those sensors got trigger, then I will start the siren.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Sorry, I am not following you. Why do you want to trigger a fire alarm? You can connect your smoke detectors directly to your panel if they are connected smokes/COs.
trtv

Post by trtv »

Ah, my alarm system is hard wired to doors and windows in the basement and first floor. I do have additional battery-based motion sensors on the 2nd floor. So I'd like to trigger the alarm if those sensors are triggered and when the house is arm-away. Thanks.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Are you saying that your wireless sensors are not connected to your panel? What are these?

What panel do you have? All Honeywell and DSC panels offer wireless motion detectors.
trtv

Post by trtv »

I run my home automation system with many sensors. And yes, I have a bunch of Zigbee sensors that are stand alone. These are used for various purpose. One of which would be to trigger the alarm system. I can programmatically trigger the key paid fire panic, but as you've answered previously, the DSC panel doesn't behave quite as expected. As such, I am looking for another sort of alarm trigger that won't be restored until the user enter the code.

Oh, I believe have the DSC 1616 system.

Thanks.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Use a PGM tied to a zone to put the panel into alarm when armed.

So create an away burg zone on a free hardwired zone and program PGM 1 to momentary (2 second). Then wire the PGM to your hardwired zone. You can then use either the TPI or the built-in webservice in the Envisalink to trigger that PGM and that will put the panel into alarm as if an away zone were tripped.
trtv

Post by trtv »

Thanks GrandWizard. I am assuming that these are either the TPI commands 601, 620, or 654. They don't work for me. I am using an add-on with OpenHab. Perhaps this is a limitation (the add-on might only support Application Commands). I will check with the add-on author. Thanks for your help.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I don't know if this helps but you can also trigger a PGM from a webhook. See this thread

http://forum.eyez-on.com/FORUM/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=5192