Low battery alerts not showing under the Events section of the app/web pate anymore

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Newtonite

Low battery alerts not showing under the Events section of the app/web pate anymore

Post by Newtonite »

IIRC, low battery alerts would show up in the Events tab of the Eyez-on app/webpage.
But I don't see them any more.

Has the user interface changed? Where would they appear in the app now?
GrandWizard

Re: Low battery alerts not showing under the Events section of the app/web pate anymore

Post by GrandWizard »

The Events log shows everything the panel logs. So if it isn't in the events log, the panel didn't send it.
Newtonite

Re: Low battery alerts not showing under the Events section of the app/web pate anymore

Post by Newtonite »

GrandWizard wrote:The Events log shows everything the panel logs. So if it isn't in the events log, the panel didn't send it.
But when I use the panel to "view system trouble" by pressing *2, it lists "low batt" and shows me the zones with low battery.
Why weren't they logged in the Event tab when the system got the first ping for low battery?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi, this is a common misunderstanding with security systems. You are mixing up STATUS for EVENTS.

What you see on your keypad or app shows the status of the system at that time, things like partition state, zone state, and any active troubles. Events on the other hand are generated by the panel and may be subject to programmatic delays or even programming. For example, a Honeywell panel will not generate an AC fail event for at least an hour and up to two hours after loss of power.

If the event is not in your log then your panel never generated it. I just checked with our DSC guru and he says that DSC panels do not log wireless zone low-bats and that is why there is no event in your log.