keypad says "system unavailable"

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

crackers8199

keypad says "system unavailable"

Post by crackers8199 »

i have a dsc power series pc1864 alarm panel in my home that was installed in 2013, along with an envisalink 3. i am using the evl3 strictly to connect the alarm to my home assistant install...for almost 8 years, this has worked perfectly. recently though, i've occasionally started seeing the keypads saying "system unavailable" for several minutes at a time. this seemingly occasional glitch hasn't been an issue until this morning, when our dog needed to go outside to pee and we couldn't turn the alarm off because the keypads were unavailable. the only way we could get them to respond was to open the back door and trigger the alarm... (which then caused our dog to get scared and pee in the house anyway).

this is obviously not an acceptable situation...especially since we're going away this weekend and will have dog sitters and house sitters coming in throughout to keep an eye on everything and take care of our pups. does anyone have any idea what would be causing this and/or how to fix it? happy to provide any additional information needed, just want to get this resolved ASAP...
GrandWizard

Re: keypad says "system unavailable"

Post by GrandWizard »

Check the Home Assistant forums and you find there was a huge bug in the Feb 1 release that causes some DSC users keypads to freeze and others have their alarms go off in the middle of the night. It was quickly fixed in a later update so I suspect this is your issue.