Python Library to Read TPI Status from EVL4?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

rhildenbrand

Python Library to Read TPI Status from EVL4?

Post by rhildenbrand »

I have a Raspberry Pi that I use as a home automation server. It runs a Python app that manages a number of "microzones" in my HVAC (sitting atop a bunch of Nest thermostats), integrates into a Flo water shutoff, Ambient Weather sensors, my generator's automatic transfer switch .... and the Envislink EL4. I've build that in Python (vs Home Assitant) since the conditions of the home requires a lot of logic based on frequent network outages, powers outages, etc.

I am running a seperate system with Home Assistant (mostly for Alexa integration into Insteon lights and a Harmony Remote).

On the Python app, it currently screen scrapes the eyez-on portal for alarm status - but I'd rather just locally poll the EL4 using the TPI.

MY QUESTION: can anyone point me to a python library that reads the TPI in EL4? I only need to *read* the alarm status (e.g. Disarmed, Away-Armed, Exit-Delay). I dont need to write/post to the EL4 (e.g. I'm NOT using it to *change* the alarm state).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
guinness

Re: Python Library to Read TPI Status from EVL4?

Post by guinness »

rhildenbrand

Post by rhildenbrand »

guinness wrote:Take a look at Simple API/TPI demonstration in Python.
Thank you Guinness! I'll give that a shot later on today. Much appreciated.
CaractacusPotts

Post by CaractacusPotts »

I'd been looking for something similar myself and had searched this forum first. I have not yet found a Python library, but Bing and Google searches using "Honeywell Vista EVL4 Python" led me to a project on GitHub where there is some Python code (telnetEVL4.py) that talks to EVL4's TPI using telnet. The project name ("github.com/NotApplicableInc/Dual-Path-Monitoring") looks a bit weird, but the code and documentation is neat and tidy.