No alarms in app on vista 20P alarm!?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

maxburn

No alarms in app on vista 20P alarm!?

Post by maxburn »

I've been tracking down a false alarm for the past week and due to the Ademco/Vista 20P behavior I have to actually let the alarm go off to see on the keypads what the alarm is.

None of these alarms has come through the EyezOn iOS app nor do they show in the event log in app or on the web page. This is a HUGE problem, the whole reason for this isn't working.

All my disarm alerts come through fine, so the app notifications do work. In my phone contact in app everything except Arms and Zone Followers is enabled.
GrandWizard

Re: No alarms in app on vista 20P alarm!?

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request and we can look at your setup but it is either a programming issue or a procedure issue.

The main thing people forget when testing on Honeywell panels is that you have to let the system stay armed for at least 30 seconds before tripping a zone. Otherwise this is not an alarm, this is an EXIT FAULT.

Also, once the the siren is sounding, you need to let it run for at least 30 seconds before disarming. Otherwise this is a CANCEL CODE and no alarm signal is issued.

On the programming side, if your zone reporting codes are 00, then the panel will not send an alarm for that zone. Older Vista panels had the zones at 00 by default. Newer panels default to 10.
maxburn

Post by maxburn »

Good tips to check. I suspect that I didn't let it sound alarm for 30 seconds. It was armed for hours before tripping.

I have no idea what my reporting codes are but I will check.
solam8

Post by solam8 »

Why am I not receiving alarm notifications through the EyezOn iOS app for my Vista 20P alarm system? Despite enabling notification for everything but Arms and Zone Followers, I'm still not receiving any alerts- even though disarm alerts are already configured correctly. How can this issue be resolved?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request and we can look at your setup but it is either a programming issue or a procedure issue.

The main thing people forget when testing on Honeywell panels is that you have to let the system stay armed for at least 30 seconds before tripping a zone. Otherwise this is not an alarm, this is an EXIT FAULT.

Also, once the the siren is sounding, you need to let it run for at least 30 seconds before disarming. Otherwise this is a CANCEL CODE and no alarm signal is issued.

On the programming side, if your zone reporting codes are 00, then the panel will not send an alarm for that zone. Older Vista panels had the zones at 00 by default. Newer panels default to 10.