Modernize the app

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

silverton38

Modernize the app

Post by silverton38 »

I think the app could use a little modernization. For example nice big buttons to arm and disarm. There are a lot of examples out there already. Also the text should say "armed away", "armed Stay" and "disarmed". Right now it texts special closing, closing and opening. This is an easy programming fix.
GrandWizard

Re: Modernize the app

Post by GrandWizard »

The new app is being rolled out geographically right now. Customers in western Canada have already had it for a while. It should be available to all soon.

The industry term for "disarm" is opening. We don't dumb-down anything for our customers, you get what the pros get.
shadrach

Post by shadrach »

Any update on this?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Everyone should have the new app now. If you don't, put in a tech support request.
Zonker

Post by Zonker »

Are you talking about the Web Interface Portal or the iPhone/ Android app?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Both were updated at the same time.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

silverton38 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 12:45 am I think the app could use a little modernization. For example nice big buttons to arm and disarm. There are a lot of examples out there already. Also the text should say "armed away", "armed Stay" and "disarmed". Right now it texts special closing, closing and opening. This is an easy programming fix.
Now, when you open the new interface of this app, you will want to go back to the previous version.
Really I don’t like new interface. Lost some
Important functions like stay armed. Please let to user change to old (or simple) version. Thank you
carpedroidiem

Post by carpedroidiem »

I have to agree, the new look isn't great whatsoever, please allow us to switch back to the other classic layout version.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

None of the functions have been removed, they may have just moved. The option to stay arm is now under Details.

If you don't like the new version send an email to tech support and they can put your profile back to the old version.
Pablo

Post by Pablo »

Thanks for reply