TMobile 5G Home internet

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

jim7

TMobile 5G Home internet

Post by jim7 »

I have 2 properties that use EVL-4 and TMobile 5g home internet ., They have been working great for the last 3 months. I recently started getting errors of duplicate ip address conflicts. One of the properties is a house no on lived in and no one was using the internet. So nothing was changing. Last week they both stopped accessing the server. I can ping and set the thru web browser at property but app show off line with no trouble codes. I understand that 5g home internet is a new concept. And would not be so wound up if it never worked but this has been working great for 3 months and now nothing. I am wondering if any one else is on t mobile and getting it to work currently.
jim7

Re: TMobile 5G Home internet

Post by jim7 »

Well a bit of an update>.. First off I would like to say Eyez On tech support has been some of the BEST I have ever dealt with... Super helpful and responsive... The problem seems to be with T-Mobile. They are blocking ports in their system causing the module not to be able to communicate with EV server. I have spoke with TM tech and engineering. This change was done on a recent update and will not be reversed.
tmruff

Post by tmruff »

I am having this same problem with T-Mobile Home Internet. Did you ever get this resolved?
jim7

Post by jim7 »

yes I did yo have to run a VPN I used Nord VPN and also have a

GL.iNet GL-MT1300 (Beryl) VPN Wireless Little Travel Router – Connect to Hotel WiFi & Captive Portal, USB 3.0, 3 Gigabit Ports, Range Extender, Assess Point, Pocket-Sized, MicroSD Slot, Easy to Setup

purchased from amazon follow directions on how to enter NORD VPN code and plug in works great
nekit

Post by nekit »

I can confirm that this works. I had a slightly different problem. Mine Envisalink4 was working fine on T mobile till I upgraded to a new 5G router, then I experienced this same problem. T mobile didn't like the portal it was using. I also discovered at the same time T mobile didn't like the portal my SurfShark VPN was using either. Had to switch it over to OpenVPN protocol in SurfShark setting to get it to work. Had to do the same when I installed the GL iNet router. I was able to use the smaller cheaper GL.iNet GL-AR300M16 Portable Mini Travel Wireless Pocket Router.
mikeschumann

Post by mikeschumann »

This is strange. I am using T-Mobile 5G Home Internet at my house in Naples, FL and have not been having any problem with my Envisalink4. Not doing anything special. I have the Envisalink4 connected directly to the T-Mobile router with a LAN cable.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

mikeschumann wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 10:52 am This is strange. I am using T-Mobile 5G Home Internet at my house in Naples, FL and have not been having any problem with my Envisalink4. Not doing anything special. I have the Envisalink4 connected directly to the T-Mobile router with a LAN cable.
Everyone with an issue relates it to upgrading their modem to latest version. So if offered, don't do it.