Missing firmware update button

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pandaeggs

Missing firmware update button

Post by pandaeggs »

I have a couple of Envisalink 4's, one running firmware 179 and the other 182. Neither shows a firmware upgrade button on the Eyezon web portal anywhere I can find. I seem to remember seeing the button in the past.

Does the hardware revision of specific cards limit the firmware revision that can be installed, or has the button been moved/removed for some reason?

Thanks.
GrandWizard

Re: Missing firmware update button

Post by GrandWizard »

The button only appears if there is a relevant firmware update available for your setup.

The Envisalink firmware comes in a variety of flavours but all are related to the same software revision tree so sometimes newer firmware isn't available because there are no features nor bug fixes related to your setup.

Since 1.4.176 there have been no updates for DSC users other than those who have Sidekicks.

Newly installed devices always get the "head" revision, so that is why one shows 1.4.179 and the other 1.4182.
pandaeggs

Post by pandaeggs »

Thanks, that's great info.
gurkburk76

Post by gurkburk76 »

That's very strange, then i guess i have a phantom firmware or something :)
When i log into the portal it says 188 and when i log into the device from my lan it says 01.04.188
I also have no update button, and i can't find this firmware in the changelog either.

what's up?
I would really like to know :)

some info from the webpage:

Type:EVL4 DSC
Version:188
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Its in the changelog. It would have been an interim version and incorporated into 1.5.203.