Is EVL4 for DSC installable and operatable without eyezon account?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

bekesizl

Is EVL4 for DSC installable and operatable without eyezon account?

Post by bekesizl »

I am using a DSC Power Series alarm system, installed and remotely monitored by a local installer in Hungary.
I would like to use some zone status for my Home Assistant.
Arming and disarming by HA might also be a future goal, mostly at night to Stay and in the morning to disarmed. Although disarming is not that important as statuses.

What I don't want is some Android or iPhone app to be able to control my system.

My question therefore is, as I wasn't able to find a documentation, for which operation do you need a direct connection from the EVL to the Internet and how you can restrict this?
GrandWizard

Re: Is EVL4 for DSC installable and operatable without eyezon account?

Post by GrandWizard »

You can use the Envisalink without an interactive account through Eyezon, or other provider, but you won't be able to get firmware updates which will probably be required by your third-party application as the modules ship with old firmware and are updated when activated.

There is no way someone, other than yourself, can have access to your Envisalink once installed and you don't need to use any of the apps you may find.
dolenec

Re: Is EVL4 for DSC installable and operatable without eyezon account?

Post by dolenec »

It's simple.. Install Home Assistant and you add Envisalink integration and voila... it's working localy.