Envisalink 4 + Sidekick or DUO + a few other questions

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

CheapB

Envisalink 4 + Sidekick or DUO + a few other questions

Post by CheapB »

I am looking to access my DSC system though Homeassistant and change to EnvisAlarm monitoring system with LTE redundancy.

I have prepaid my current monitoring service, so I cannot change service until 10 months from now, but I would like to add Homeassistance integration now. I read some people have problems with DUO if they are not activating the LTE right away. Is my best solution Envisalink 4 + Sidekick or DUO?

Price seems to be about the same. Any other pros or cons of Envisalink 4 + Sidekick vs DUO?

Who is the LTE carrier used for Clients in Connecticut USA? AT&T does not have great coverage where I live.

Is it official who the ULC is?

thanks!
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink 4 + Sidekick or DUO + a few other questions

Post by GrandWizard »

Either option provides the same service but the DUO does provide more responsive interactive services when operating in LTE only mode.

The preferred carrier in the USA is AT&T but it will roam if there is no signal.
Is it official who the ULC is?

Are you asking if the monitoring station is ULc listed? Yes it is.
CheapB

Post by CheapB »

Thanks for the answers. I read somewhere else that another user had issues with communication error messages in this scenario. If I understand it correctly I can disable the LTE part of DUO and use the ethernet for homeassistant for a period without interfering with the current landline setup?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Sorry, you've lost me.
CheapB

Post by CheapB »

Sorry about that.

Step 1: Installing DUO and use the Ethernet connection to integrate with Homeassistant and use a landline for my existing monitor station until the contract expires.

Step 2: apx 10 months from now my current monitoring contract expires and I will enable EnvisAlarm with LTE redundancy

My question is will I have any issues in the scenario described in step 1?

Thanks,
Jim
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Ok, got it.

No, go ahead and proceed with this.

Your only concern would be with the timing of enabling the LTE service. If the LTE service on the DUO is not activated within 12 months of provisioning, then the SIM may be permanently cancelled by the MVNO due to delinquency. If that happens you will need to purchase a new SIM which I believe, but don't quote me, is $25.
CheapB

Post by CheapB »

Thank you so much. Order has been placed :-)