EVL 4 LTE Backup Supervision/Restoral Text Messages

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

cheers4beer

EVL 4 LTE Backup Supervision/Restoral Text Messages

Post by cheers4beer »

On August 8th, I received a bunch of "LTE Backup Supervision Fault" and "LTE Backup Restoral" texts. I have continued to receive one set of "LTE Backup Supervision Fault" and "LTE Backup Restoral" texts almost every couple of days since. The times that these occur seem somewhat random. However, it is pretty consistent that the "LTE Backup Supervision Fault" text occurs approximately 30 minutes after the "LTE Backup Restoral" text. I have a Honeywell Vista20P panel with an EVL 4 and sidekick. Does anyone know the steps that I should take to troubleshoot and correct this problem? Thank You.
Georninja

Re: EVL 4 LTE Backup Supervision/Restoral Text Messages

Post by Georninja »

Same here. In the last 24 hours, I've now received this four times on my DUO.
cheers4beer

Re: EVL 4 LTE Backup Supervision/Restoral Text Messages

Post by cheers4beer »

It turns out that the sidekick wasn't showing any bars for cellular signal strength. I checked the antenna and antenna cable and found no problems. I cycled power to the alarm panel(including the sidekick). When they both came back up, the sidekick showed 1 bar for signal strength. It has continued to show one bar for a couple of weeks and I have not received any more of the "LTE Backup Supervision Fault" and "LTE Backup Restoral" texts. I guess the problem is fixed. However, I probably should work on getting the signal strength up.