DSC/Envisalink Fire alarm

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

vecchio

DSC/Envisalink Fire alarm

Post by vecchio »

I have a number of fire detectors which I understood from previous homeowner are all connected to my DCS board alarm.

As I am moving my central alarm monitoring to Eyezon from my current provider, I started wondering how do I know that the fire detectors will work properly.
I can see that on the Control Centre Portal that the various door/motion sensors alarms are working, but I wonder if there is a way to check if the fire detectors are also working and connected to the alarm and therefore to the monitoring station
GrandWizard

Re: DSC/Envisalink Fire alarm

Post by GrandWizard »

On a connected alarm system, the "smokes" will have a test button on the unit that you usually hold down for about 5-10 seconds to initiate a test alarm.
RoySmith142

Post by RoySmith142 »

I have a Power832 System with a RF5132-433 Wireless Receiver.

When I press the test button for 5 seconds on my WS4936 Smoke detector I get the loud beep, but nothing appears on my panel, or on the EyezOn app.

I've enrolled the ESN and the green LED on the RF5132-433 lights. Also I've done the test with *8[InstallerCode] [904][ZoneNo] and removed the sensor for 5 seconds then reinstalled it and that reports okay on the keypad.

I'm wondering if I need to enable supervision
RoySmith142

Post by RoySmith142 »

So after some research I found that the zones ( 9,10,11,12) that my wireless sensors were on were assigned to Partition 2.
When I assigned these zones to partition 1 then it all worked correctly. All is well now.