Envisalink4

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

whoamib

Envisalink4

Post by whoamib »

I have 4 Envisalink4 and 3 of them are causing serious issues. They are doing something on the network to cause every switch to initiate STP port blocking. So they would go offline for a few seconds then come back online which causes lots of problems and I end up missing lots of events like doors and windows opening and closing.

Out of the 3 I'm having issues with 2 are version 176 and one is version 184 and they are all on the same network but on different switches in the network. I have the exact same switch running in a different network at a different location with envisalink version 184 and it hasn't shown any issues. I see the issues by looking at the physical port and see the light going off and seeing in the software it says it's doing STP port blocking, I've tried turning off STP on that port but that doesn't work it still does STP port blocking. So I setup a continous ping to the device and it misses a lot of pings then works for a few seconds that goes back offline for a few seconds. This situation has been happening for at least the last 5 months on 1 of the devices and about 2 months for the other 2 devices.

Here are some things I done to troubleshoot with no success, PLEASE HELP!!!
  • I've plugged into about 7 different network switches and they all do the same thing
  • I've tried many different network cables that I know are working.
  • I've purchased a new Envisalink4 and initially it was working I think for about 15 minutes then it upgraded to version 176 started having the same issues
  • I've rebooted the Envisalink and disconnected the power to restart
  • I've changed it from a reserved DHCP to a different static IP
Nothing has worked please help me!!!
GrandWizard

Re: Envisalink4

Post by GrandWizard »

Submit a tech support request from your Eyezon portal.
coolspot

Post by coolspot »

whoamib wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 1:59 pm I have 4 Envisalink4 and 3 of them are causing serious issues. They are doing something on the network to cause every switch to initiate STP port blocking. So they would go offline for a few seconds then come back online which causes lots of problems and I end up missing lots of events like doors and windows opening and closing.
I'm not sure how long this has been happening to me, but I've noticed the same issue on my Netgear GS752TPV2 switch - STP blockinge very so often. I do have RSTP enabled.

Temporarily I've disabled STP on the port, not sure if that is a good or bad idea.

I'm also on firmware 01.04.176.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

There is a new version of firmware available that improves the Envisalinks response to A) STP enabled on its port and B) unusually high broadcast traffic.

It is not available in general to users because a lot of the local web interface's features had to be removed to allow for space for these fixes.

If you want to try it, contact tech support. You cannot downgrade after the update. FYI
digflange

Post by digflange »

coolspot wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:19 am I'm not sure how long this has been happening to me, but I've noticed the same issue on my Netgear GS752TPV2 switch - STP blockinge very so often. I do have RSTP enabled.

Temporarily I've disabled STP on the port, not sure if that is a good or bad idea.

I'm also on firmware 01.04.176.
Have you updated to the latest version? I think this error has been fixed on the device I use.
coolspot

Post by coolspot »

digflange wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2024 11:39 pm Have you updated to the latest version? I think this error has been fixed on the device I use.
I turned off STP which seems to have minimized the port going on/offline. I did not want to update the firmware since it apparently removes features.

Over a period of 8 days since I turned off STP, I still get 1,891 port status changes, which seems to be much lower than previously.

Thankfully I can also turn off traps and notifications on my switch on a per port basis which I did as well.