Uno Hybrid Security System

Support and Discussions relating to the Envisalink SOLO Wireless, and UNO Hybrid, Security Systems

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

Sunfox

Uno Hybrid Security System

Post by Sunfox »

Since the guide link is broken and there’s no Uno forum yet, and since I’m in need of a security system to install in my new house, I’d like to post a few questions.

1) What is the range of wireless? Is installing the system in a basement going to cause any issues? I note that the RF module attaches to the board, instead of being located “above ground” in a keypad as with many DSC installs.

2) Are DSC keypads currently compatible? And if so, which?

3) Is there a housing available for the board? Backup battery?

4) What solutions are there for, say, wireless tilt sensors for garage doors?

Thanks for any info!
GrandWizard

Re: Uno Hybrid Security System

Post by GrandWizard »

Which link is broken? This product just got released to Eyezon so there may be some website hiccups

1) The onboard wireless receiver is used for SOLO sensors (D/W, PIR, Smoke Detector, and EMS- MultiSensor). It has improved reception over the SOLO base station so it should be fine in the basement. If not, you can extend the antenna with a coax cable and even switch to a high gain antenna if you like. Its a standard SMA connector

2) It supports all DSC Power Series keypads, all DSC wireless receivers, and all DSC zone expanders. So it supports all DSC wireless sensors, de facto.
2.1) It supports the same expansion modules used by the EVL4. LTE Sidekick and UNO8 8 zone expander

3) It mounts in any of the DSC enclosures

4) The EMS supports two hardwired zones along with the integrated D/W magnet. The idea is it can handle a garage access door and two garage overhead door sensors, all on one device. It also reports temperature and light status.
Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Okay, this is sounding interesting.

So the RF receiver is specifically for Solo wireless devices? When you say “all PowerSeries” I assume that means “classic” and excludes PowerSeries Pro and Neo, PowerG etc? I’m just trying to see what “new” keypads can be currently bought.

I ask because 7 years ago I built a DSC PC1832 system with a monitored EVL-4 and was very happy with it all. Now I’ve had a new house built, and that DSC system is discontinued and no longer available to buy… and everything else seems to need alarm.com integration, which I’d rather avoid. So I’d like to stay in the DSC/EVL-4 ecosystem, and this seems like a good option even if building from scratch - assuming I can actually buy the needed parts.

Oh, and what’s missing is the product guide in the support section.

Not Found

The requested URL /EZMAIN/UNO_Panel_Installation_Guide_EZ.pdf was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.25 (Debian) Server at www.eyez-on.com Port 443
rfdude

Post by rfdude »

I found the UNO Hybrid instruction manual: https://www.eyezon.com/UNO_Panel_Instal ... ide_EZ.pdf

Indeed this manual is also what I wanted to review before purchasing, but it is difficult to find and the link found was broken. The above is a variation of the UNO manual, when modified seems to work for the hybrid. Suggest Eyezon make this manual easier to find.
Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Any further on this? The manual originally linked from the poster above included all sorts of wiring instructions and listed specific compatible keypads (a very small list of old keypads)… but today I see the updated manual is stripped of all of that.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Sorry, what are you looking for?
Sunfox

Post by Sunfox »

Specifically which model PowerSeries keypads are supported (particularly if any of them can still be bought new, or if this is ONLY useful for retrofits of existing systems).

The original manual that the other poster found in October listed specific old DSC keypads (LCD#### models and a few others) as compatible, but nothing you could buy. Now the literal only mention is “KBUS to compatible keypads”. That’s not very helpful for designing a new system. Also, I seem to remember it giving detailed wiring instructions for a lot of things, including smoke detectors, but the manual up now seems a lot smaller and less… useful.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

The UNO panel is still in preview mode for Eyezon users so the manual is work in progress.

The UNO can use any DSC Power Series keypad (no NEO, PowerPro, or Classic) and while they are out of production, there are lots around online. You can also use the Android app on a tablet instead of a traditional keypad.

The wiring diagram I think you were referring to was left-in by accident by the tech-writers and was from a DSC manual. It does not pertain to our product.
oppedahl

Post by oppedahl »

You wrote "The UNO can use any DSC Power Series panel (no NEO, PowerPro, or Classic)". I wonder if you meant to write "The UNO can use any DSC Power Series keypad (no NEO, PowerPro, or Classic)"?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

oppedahl wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2023 7:57 pm You wrote "The UNO can use any DSC Power Series panel (no NEO, PowerPro, or Classic)". I wonder if you meant to write "The UNO can use any DSC Power Series keypad (no NEO, PowerPro, or Classic)"?
Yes indeed I did. Updated and thanks