EVL TPI not reporting zone battery state, Home Assistant integration suffers

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ptr727

EVL TPI not reporting zone battery state, Home Assistant integration suffers

Post by ptr727 »

Hi, long time EVL3 and HA user, recently had/have a zone reporting a low wireless battery, I got an email notification, EyezOn website reported the condition, but the EVL integration with HA reported occasional state messages, but no actual low battery condition.

See system low battery, and zone low battery issues, where it has been reported that the TPI integration lacks this functionality.

Google suggests this is not the first time this type of request, i.e. future parity between TPI and EyezOn, has been asked from EyezOn, but for me it is worth asking again?
GrandWizard

Re: EVL TPI not reporting zone battery state, Home Assistant integration suffers

Post by GrandWizard »

We don't have anything to do with the TPI, that is all on Envisacor.

I'll email their engineer in charge of firmware and see if he can answer your questions here.
ptr727

Re: EVL TPI not reporting zone battery state, Home Assistant integration suffers

Post by ptr727 »

Thank you.
K-Man

Post by K-Man »

There has been no request for this feature, ever. We can certainly do it but Home Assistant isn't registered as a developer so I have no one to contact there. If you know who the contact is with their company tell them to contact support@envisacor.com and register as a developer, and they will get full support from Envisacor.
rct

Post by rct »

K-Man wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:44 pm There has been no request for this feature, ever.
Seriously?

I created a thread about this in 2017 -- viewtopic.php?p=13562&sid=474d8ebe8bf3f ... a6a#p13562

And if I remember correctly that was to break that info out from one of the long multi-topic threads.

From the New Feature Request thread in 2017: - viewtopic.php?p=13577&sid=93f6cfde106fe ... 8b0#p13577

"New Feature Request - Add DSC TPI codes for Zone Low Battery event.

I can understand this might not have been in the original DSC list of TPI codes, but I think this would be a common enough event with wireless sensors that 3rd party apps should be able to have the functionality of notifying which specific zone is reporting low battery."
ptr727

Post by ptr727 »

K-Man wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2023 6:44 pm There has been no request for this feature, ever. We can certainly do it but Home Assistant isn't registered as a developer so I have no one to contact there. If you know who the contact is with their company tell them to contact support@envisacor.com and register as a developer, and they will get full support from Envisacor.
HA is open source, no person to contact, but do add comments on the github threads, or you/EVL can contribute directly to support your product:
https://github.com/ufodone/envisalink_new/issues/61
https://github.com/ufodone/envisalink_new/issues/63