Local network access user/user login does not work

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ThisIsLuke

Local network access user/user login does not work

Post by ThisIsLuke »

I am pulling my hair out here. I just purchased an Envisalink 4, I have it up and running and connected to my DSC panel. I am unable to login to the module locally from going to the IP address of the Envisalink 4. When I go to the IP address of the module it pops up with a prompt for username and password. I enter "user" for username and "user" for the password but it just asks me again, it does not work.

Trying to navigate the documentation on this is frustrating. First there appears to be two websites, eyezon and eyez-on, well okay I tried logging into both and sending a reset local password command, neither work. The EyezOn User Guide doesn't say what the username and password are, I found the user/user thing on a older quick start guide. How does I get into this damn thing locally?

Edit: I tried jumping the RST reset header and the lights turned off and unit reset, still user/user does not work! :evil:
GrandWizard

Re: Local network access user/user login does not work

Post by GrandWizard »

You must have an EVL4MAX. There was a single page manual that came with the Envisalink that explains that the default password is the last 6 digits of your MAC address, not "user".
ThisIsLuke

Post by ThisIsLuke »

Thank you, that was it. What is the difference between the 4 and the 4 max, I can't find it on the eyezon website?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

There are no differences other than the local password. We don't differentiate between the two at Eyezon. We've been told there may be more features added to the 4MAX in the future as there are no memory constraints as with the original EVL4.
dotparsley

Post by dotparsley »

ThisIsLuke wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:45 pm Thank you, that was it. What is the difference between the 4 and the 4 max, I can't find it on the eyezon website?
It's basically the same.