How to Clear "Device Low Battery"?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

bradleyj00

How to Clear "Device Low Battery"?

Post by bradleyj00 »

I have an EnvisaLink EVL4, connected to an old wired DSC1832 board. It's been working great, but stuck on a recent issue.

I recently replaced the battery, and assumed the trouble:low battery warning would go away, but it has not. Is there a process to clear this error? Am I missing something? Maybe I have a bad battery??

Thanks,
Jim
GrandWizard

Re: How to Clear "Device Low Battery"?

Post by GrandWizard »

You changed the wrong battery. The error relates to one of your wireless sensors having a low-battery. See your Eyezon log for which one needs to be replaced.
bradleyj00

Post by bradleyj00 »

Thanks! I see a "Zone 9 Low Batt" in the log, however I only have 8 zones. Eyezon only shows 8 zones. Might it be necessary to using the keypad menu to ensure zone 9 is disabled?

Also, all my devices are wired, so not sure what the error means? Unless there is a non-existant device programmed in zone 9? If there was, would I see that in Eyezon?

Really appreciate your help!

Jim
bradleyj00

Post by bradleyj00 »

Please disregard. I reset battery and AC power, and all is well.

Thanks!
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

No, that is a temporary fix. You must have wireless sensors and one of them is on zone 9. There is no other way for that log entry to appear.

Submit a tech support request and we can look at your telemetry and help you further.