Question for anyone using the Envisalink module

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

veronicacox

Question for anyone using the Envisalink module

Post by veronicacox »

I'm looking at replacing our "here-when-we-bought" AT&T security system with a Honeywell Vista 20P system so we can buy an Envisalink module to bring it and all of its sensors/zones into Home Assistant. I've done a ton of research on the solution I have in mind, but my lone question that remains I can't seem to find any answers to.

I know if a window that is normally monitored by the panel is "open" when arming takes place on the panel, it will yell at you and request that you "bypass" the zone first. Easy enough to do on the panel, but how does it work from the Home Assistant perspective?

That is, if I try to "arm" from Home Assistant and there's an active "Zone Fault" preventing the system from arming, will the arm button be disabled? Or will it be enabled, but just not arm? Or will the Envisalink module do the bypassing necessary behind the scenes and continue to arm anyway?

That's what I can't figure out and I'd love to have a solid answer before proceeding with everything.

It's a common enough use case for us to leave an upstairs window open while we leave, and while I have a backup solution in mind – just enroll the upstairs windows as unmonitored zones for security purposes – I'd love to still have them monitored for the ambitious and not-at-all-subtle burglar who props a ladder up on the house without getting noticed by neighbors. 😂

Any help would be greatly appreciated.