EyezOn UNO-IP Drop-In Replacement Board

Support and Discussions relating to the Envisalink SOLO Wireless, and UNO Hybrid, Security Systems

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

f11

EyezOn UNO-IP Drop-In Replacement Board

Post by f11 »

I recently bought the EyezOn UNO-IP (confusingly packaged as the Connect2Go UNO-IP Hybrid Security Alarm System) replacement board for my aging Power832 (PC5010) alarm motherboard. For the past 6+ yrs I've been interfacing to the PC5010 via an EVL4 board ... worked great once the initial bugs were worked out.

During the sales pre-discussion, I was advised:
1. that I would be tearing out the PC5010 board AND the EVL4 boards - the new UNO-IP replaces both
2. to collect all the configuration data from the EVL4 and the PC5010 before decommissioning them

How do I get all that old config data out of the PC5010? I've read that to get at everything in the PC5010, I'll need to have the Installers Code, entered at the keypad => [*][8][_code_]. Yeah, well - the guy who installed this thing back in 2003-ish is long gone. As is the company he worked for (VOXCom, which was sold to ADT and then ADT was sold to Telus - I think).

I read in one place that the default installers code for the PC5010 is [5010], and in another place that it was [5555]. I've tried entering each at the LCD5501Z keypad, and it just beeps, then the screen blanks and stays that way until it times out or I press [#]. I don't know if its trying to tell me the code I entered was wrong, or if its waiting for me to enter the next instruction (I've spent a LOT of time recently reading the Installation and Programming manual, so I know there are a LOT of secondary codes that can be entered after the Installers Code).

So, I guess my question is, what am I doing wrong, if anything? Or is the beep and blank screen an indication that the installer DID changehis entry code from the default, and I'm hooped?

If I'm hooped without the Installer Code, and have no way to recover the existng PC5010 configuration, then I may as well just tear it out and install the new UNO-IP board in its place, wire for wire, then start the configuration process from scratch.

If I do that, then I see the first thing the UNO wants me to do is set up a dealer/Installer account at EyezON/Connect2Go, and then I can fully configure it. I can't have read that right - I need to be an Dealer to install a "drop-in replacement" board for the PC5010? I've read that the default Installers Code for the UNO is [5555], which should still be what the board will respond to, since its still in the package.

Am I making this harder than it should be? Do I REALLY have to be a Connect2Go Dealer just to install my own UNO-IP? Or do I just connect a LCD5501Z keypad to its KeyBus, power it up, enter the default Installer Code, and then carry on, without all that Dealer Sign-Up jazz?

I MUST be missing something here. Help, even if its a light nudge in the right direction, would really be appreciated.
Rod
Edmonton AB CA
# UNO-IP Hybrid - RF5132-433 - 2xWS4939 4-Button Fobs # 1 Partition # 7 Wired Zones: 4 Motion 3 Doors #
GrandWizard

Re: EyezOn UNO-IP Drop-In Replacement Board

Post by GrandWizard »

Yes, you bought the wrong board, that is meant for profesisonal installers. But don't fret, the board is the same but all the literature and packaging are for Connect2Go alarm companies.

You can download the Eyezon instructions from the portal.

Yes you have the wrong installers code but if you are replacing the 5010 you don't really need it. What you need to determine is what zones are what, whether they are hardwired on expanders, or wireless zones on a PC5132.

Submit a support request from the Eyezon portal and one of the techs can walk you through things.
f11

Post by f11 »

Thanks - I've already downloaded and read the manuals, and spent some time on the phone talking with support. Everyone I've communicated with about this transition has been patient and forthcoming with info.

The outcome of the phone conversation told me more or less the same thing you mentioned, except that the board I bought IS the right board. There's only the EVL4 and the UNO-IP to choose from, and C2G/EyezOn appear connected on paper, if not outright affiliated. So to me as a user, they're interchangeable. I was told to ignore the first few pages of the Installation Manual about dealer reg'n and so on ... apparently the manuals are still being word-smithed, and for now installers and clients get the same manual.

I was under the impression that I'd have to program ALL those hundreds of PC5010 sections and options in the UNO-IP board configuration, and that's why I was concerned about not having the Installer Code. But after the conversation, and spending a few days with the UNO-IP board powered up on my bench, I think I understand now that the UNO-IP board doesn't need all those hundreds of PC5050 entries. All those configuration entries are necessary for it to just do basic alarm functions, and most of them are generic to all client sites. Installers probably loaded almost the same info into every PC5010 they worked on, except for client-specific hardware info.

Whereas the UNO-IP board appears to have been pre-configured in firmware with any info it needs to function as an alarm system, except for the client-specific zones, sensors, keypads and keypad modules like the 5132-433. I have all that info, or know how to find it, so I think I'm good to go.

I'm still a little nervous about the 5132-433, though. I know it "looks like" a keypad to the PC5010, and is supposed to look the same to the UNO-IP KeyBus. But I haven't connected the 5132 to the UNO-IP board terminals yet, so not sure if the UNO-IP just scans and sees it as another keypad, or if I need installer-access to its configuration - like if I wanted to add a 433-wireless device, or another 4-button key, to it or change any of the wireless options. Without the PC5010's Installer Code to get access to the 5132 programming, I believe I'm locked out of making changes to it. So, if it goes south, l could lose the functionality of the 4-button keys. I guess I'll find out.

On the other hand, do I really NEED the wirless module functionality anmore, considering I have all the remote and wireless arm/disarm access I could want right from the app on my phone, or in a browser, via the UNO-IP's ethernet link to the EyezOn/C2G cloud. If Home Assistant can gain local access to the UNO-IP like it can the EVL4 (and I'm pretty sure it can), then I'll be mostly independent of the cloud except for firmware updates.

Anyway, that's a lots of blah-blah from me, but thanks again for responding. The DSC Power832 has been a rock-solid performer for me for a long time, and, while a little flakey at times, the EVL4 has carried on that tradition. I don't want to bugger things up now.
Rod
Edmonton AB CA
# UNO-IP Hybrid - RF5132-433 - 2xWS4939 4-Button Fobs # 1 Partition # 7 Wired Zones: 4 Motion 3 Doors #
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

f11 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 pm
I'm still a little nervous about the 5132-433, though. I know it "looks like" a keypad to the PC5010, and is supposed to look the same to the UNO-IP KeyBus. But I haven't connected the 5132 to the UNO-IP board terminals yet, so not sure if the UNO-IP just scans and sees it as another keypad, or if I need installer-access to its configuration - like if I wanted to add a 433-wireless device, or another 4-button key, to it or change any of the wireless options. Without the PC5010's Installer Code to get access to the 5132 programming, I believe I'm locked out of making changes to it. So, if it goes south, l could lose the functionality of the 4-button keys. I guess I'll find out.
No, the PC5132 RF receiver is not a keypad and doesn't look like one to the 5010. Its basically a wireless zone expander like the PC5108. You don't need the installers code for the UNO panel to communcate with it and all programming is done from your UNO programming page. The UNO is advanced enough to be able to download all of the settings within the PC5132 open power-up and after about 30 seconds you will see all of this programming in your local Zones programming page of the portal. Its really cool.
f11 wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2024 8:55 pm
On the other hand, do I really NEED the wirless module functionality anmore, considering I have all the remote and wireless arm/disarm access I could want right from the app on my phone, or in a browser, via the UNO-IP's ethernet link to the EyezOn/C2G cloud. If Home Assistant can gain local access to the UNO-IP like it can the EVL4 (and I'm pretty sure it can), then I'll be mostly independent of the cloud except for firmware updates.
Yeah, you do need the PC5132 as that is the device that receives all the signals from your wireless sensors. It has nothing to do with remote access or wireless control. You need absolutely need this module on the UNO's KBus.
f11

Post by f11 »

The UNO is advanced enough to be able to download all of the settings within the PC5132 open power-up and after about 30 seconds you will see all of this programming in your local Zones programming page of the portal. Its really cool.
Huh ... then I might have some problem but not sure. I did the swingover last night (removing PC5010 and EVL4, replaced with UNO-IP Hybrid, wire for wire for all keybus and zones, reconnected AC, reconnected battery backup terminals) and this morning I'm not seeing anyway to access programming for the 5132, if that's what you meant.

I logged into the UNO's local UI using its local network IP in my FireFox browser. Under Home I see then expected list of zone coloured boxes and the ARM / PGM buttons. Below that I see:
UNO Expansion Modules
- None Installed
KBus Expansion Modules
- Keypad 4
- Keypad 3
- PC5132

So far, so good - at least the UNO knows what's connected to the keybus. Not sure how or why the two keypads ended up assigned to "3" and "4" - shouldn't they be "1" and "2"? Are those Partition numbers, or just an enumeration of keypads found out of a possible 1-8? Been reading through the pile of manuals I've downloaded and its not clear (to me) what those numbers mean. How do I determine which keypad is which?

Logging into the EyezOn portal, I see all my zones reporting both status and activity, so that means my re-wiring work should be good.

Navigating to Details => Settings => Actions, I see Update UNO Programming and UNO RF Signal Strength. Since the latter reports No RF Signal Zones Detected, I assume this pertains to the UNO wireless gear, and not to my 5132-433 module.

Moving over to Actions => Update UNO Programming, I see the usual four suspects: Zones, Users, FOB and Options.
- Zones shows and allows me to program my expected 7 wired zones, 3 entry, 4 motion, 1 not used
- Users shows my single uesr and code
- FOBs shows nothing listed (I haven't added any fobs yet, so no surprise)
- Options shows a list of Programmable Outputs all NULL, none setup); Partitions Enabled (1); Door Chimes Enabled (0); and Miscellaneous (Time-out values, and General Settings). General Settings shows Normally Closed Contacts ON (just the 7 UNO onboard NC terminals), all other options OFF.

So where do I re-assign my two KeyPads to a partition, and where do I go to configure the 5132? Obviously I'm missing something crucial here.

When I asked if I really need the 5132 connected, it was because the only wireless devices I have are the two 4-button fobs, all sensors are wired. So my question was, with the EyezOn app on my phone to Arm / DisArm / etc and see zone status/activity, are the two fobs really needed? If I decide they're not, why keep the 5132 connected? In reality, I'll keep them connected 'cause its always nice to have a physical button fall-back if/when phone app goes south.

Appreciate your patience with these (endless) questions. I'm not unfamiliar with this kind of gear, but I want to get this changeover done right, rather than drive my neighbours crazy with false alarms and sirens, or worse - have the alarm system not work when bad guys decide to visit.
Rod
Edmonton AB CA
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Your DSC FOBS should just work like they did before as they are still programmed into the 5132. We are currently working on FOB programming so there is no way to make changes yet.

5132 programming is completely integrated into the UNO zone programming page. One of the zone "types" is DSC RF, that is a 5132 zone (1-32). If you select that type you will see an extra field for the sensor ESN number. When you "Upload to Panel" your 5132 will be programmed with that address.

Do not remove your 5132. In the future you will want wireless zones so you will need it.

With regards to keypads, those numbers are the keypad "slots" in DSC parlance. There are 8 slots available on the system. Unique slots are only needed if you require the built-in zone in the keypad (used for doors mainly). If you don't use these then you can have all of your keypads on one slot and they don't need to be addressed. Be default DSC 5500 keypads go to slot 8 and all others go to slot 1. So somebody moved them to 3 and 4 and maybe for good reason. Are you sure you don't have keypad zones attached to those keypads?

Keypads slot and partition addressing is done the same as with a DSC panel, through the keypad itself. See your keypad manual for more information. The default installer code for UNO is 5555

You are better to submit a tech support request if you're looking for verification on your setup. At least then a tech can see your account.
f11

Post by f11 »

Your DSC FOBS should just work like they did before as they are still programmed into the 5132. We are currently working on FOB programming so there is no way to make changes yet.
Yup, the two fobs - all four buttons - work fine, even though I haven't added them via ESN under Settings / Fobs - should they be added in that section? It wasn't clear to me that they needed to be, since they worked already. What does adding them under Settings / Fobs do, or make possible? My assumption is that once you've added support for FOBs, they'll need to be added to the FOBs list in order to make changes to them?

If you're still working on the adding support for FOB programming then I can certainly wait. I was only concerned with lack of access to them in case I wanted to add another, and/or delete one of them (if one died of advanced age, and couldn't be revived).
5132 programming is completely integrated into the UNO zone programming page. One of the zone "types" is DSC RF, that is a 5132 zone (1-32). If you select that type you will see an extra field for the sensor ESN number. When you "Upload to Panel" your 5132 will be programmed with that address.
AH!! Lightbulb! I didn't "see" the DSC RF option under zone types - my eyes never went beyond Wired (Onboard,UNO8). Now that I open the drop down list and really LOOK at it, I see: Wired (Onboard,UNO8); SOLO RF; KBUS Zone; DSC RF; and Keypad Zone. Duh. So you're saying I should be adding the 5132 as type DSC RF with ESN and upload. I assume once I do that, whatever 5132 programming options available show up under UNO Programming?

Nope, not deleting the 5132. I'd already decided to keep it, at least partly because its already there and working with the UNO board - its easier to keep it, rather than delete it now and have to re-add it later. And I like the convenience of the FOBs ... if I lose my phone or it gets stolen while out getting groceries, I can still get into my home with the FOB.

I recall reading about the keypad slots in the DSC manuals. As far as I know, I don't currently use the on-board keypad zone on either. The door next to each keypad has a magnetic sensor that is wired to the DSC (and now the UNO) zone terminals. I'll have to pull the keypads from the wall to see if there are any wires aside from the KBus set of 4. If the Installer deliberately assigned the pads to slots 3 and 4, I have no clue why.

I spent a lot of time wandering around in the keypad manuals as well, so I sort of remember where to look for info on that. You're saying that I can access "Installer Mode" to make any re-assignments via the default UNO 5555 code?

I was thinking the same thing about verifying my existing setup via another support ticket. If they can shed light on configuration I can't access. it sure can't hurt. I don't want to "fix" a setup that works, until it doesn't.

Thanks again - that was an invaluable knowledge dump you provided !
Rod
Edmonton AB CA