any way to disable the SYSTEM LO BAT warning?

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

fjleon80

any way to disable the SYSTEM LO BAT warning?

Post by fjleon80 »

My honeywell did not come with a battery, and honestly, don't see much purpose in adding one, since on a no power event, the envisalink won't be able to connect to the internet anyway (and putting my router and alarm behind a UPS is very complicated)

Is there a way to disable the SYSTEM LO BAT / System Trouble: Device low battery warning by using the panel programming?
GrandWizard

Re: any way to disable the SYSTEM LO BAT warning?

Post by GrandWizard »

No. Honeywell systems cannot function correctly without a battery. The panel relies on it for voltage regulation and to power the siren.

Pay the $25 and get a battery
fjleon80

Post by fjleon80 »

alarm and siren works fine without the battery. it's just used if you want to keep the alarm powered during a blackout.

i did see on youtube someone changing their battery and it started beeping. the builders must have done something in my panel to prevent the beep without the battery. I didn't find out i didn't have a battery until i installed the EVL4
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

fjleon80 wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2024 7:22 pm alarm and siren works fine without the battery. it's just used if you want to keep the alarm powered during a blackout.
No this isn't true. The Honeywell Vista series cannot power a full-size siren with the power supply onboard. The battery is required to support the system voltage otherwise it will brown-out.