UNO - With no bell

Support and Discussions relating to the Envisalink SOLO Wireless, and UNO Hybrid, Security Systems

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

eugene

UNO - With no bell

Post by eugene »

I am deploying a UNO into a house that had a very old system. Now that I've wired all of the zones the one part, I don't want to wire in is a loud bell. I've jumped this with a 1K Ohm resistor to clear the trouble code for no bell present.

That said when the system goes into Alarm it actually doesn't give audible indication that it is in Alarm. Is there a way to turn this on?

For example, when the 24-Hour Delay Fire gets triggered, it creates an audible sound at the keypad (the 24-Hour Instant Fire, does not). The other reason why I don't want the bell is that if the fire alarm gets triggered, I already have a system that triggers those bells. I don't need the security system's bell to also go off.

I would like an audible alert at the keypad indicating that the system is in alarm. Currently using a PK5501 (Icon) so it's hard to tell if the system is in Alarm or not.

Is this user error?

Finally, also nearly impossible to register for an account on the forum as it seems like the "model number" list hasn't been updated.
eugene

Re: UNO - With no bell

Post by eugene »

Ignore this post. It seems to work now.
eugene

Post by eugene »

As a follow up this is what was happening.

When Armed Away, the PIR triggered before the door contact triggered causing the system to go into Alarm. As I do not have a Bell connected to the system the only indication that the system is in alarm is a (i) icon on the keypad (PK5501). I've since corrected the PIR triggering early, however ideally I would like the keypad still to beep if it is in alarm - it will only beep when there is a delay.

Any way to turn this on? Or perhaps have a way to make the siren/bell more quiet?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi, we've heard you but it took time to hear back from the dev team. The answer is that this is the way DSC does it with their keypads but the developers cannot see any reason for it.

It will be made an option in a future build.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

You also don't have to but an actual siren on the bell output, you could put a buzzer. That's what we do in testing.