New install on 20P

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

cbiccum

New install on 20P

Post by cbiccum »

[img][img]Hi all, just got a Envisalink 3 installed on my Honeywell 20P. The web interface seems to work for viewing my system but I'm not getting any kind of reporting. I'm having issues with the PDF of Vista 20P programming.

First off I seem to have all the *48 - *75 stuff figured out. I have all the reporting on.

Where I think the issue is is in the Keypad setup. I'm not sure how to tell my 20P that I now have this new Keypad.

I have two 6280 consoles and a 6158 for programming. Attached is a screenshot of my zones showing my consoles listed as Z101, Z102 and Z116. When I setup the 20P it found these by themselves I believe.

So can someone give me an idea of what I need to do with the keypad setup to enable this to show up? Or am I totally off on the wrong direction?
Attachments
photo (2).JPG
photo (2).JPG (135.55 KiB) Viewed 10911 times
GrandWizard

Re: New install on 20P

Post by GrandWizard »

Hi, its all in the programming manual.

https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php

If you're not getting events, its more likely you don't have LRR/IP/GSM setup (*29)
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

I just did my install today and having the same issue. Per your comment, I realize I missed this step:

Please reference the Quick Start guide and access the EnvisaLink local page. Once there click the "home" tab at the top of the browser.
2 - IP/GSM/LRR Setup
If you DO NOT already have a special communications module installed, you must enable support for this in section 29. If you do have a module installed, then skip this step but make sure you have enabled "shadowing" in the previous section.
Go to section 29 by entering *29, and hit 1 to enable LRR support.
I'm not at that location and cannot access the Keypad to make this change, so I will change tomorrow to see if this solve the problem. BTW, is there a way to set the port number (e.g. 8081) so that I can access the local Web Page remotely, by port forwarding this port to the IP Address of the Envisalink 3? Another device on the network is already using 80 and I have no way to change that to something else.

EDIT: I temporaryily disable the other port 80 forward and port forward the Envisalink 3 port 80 to the appropriate IP Address and I was able to access the Envisalink 3 fremotely. By original question still stands for a permanent solution to change the WEB access port from the default to something else.
GrandWizard wrote:Hi, its all in the programming manual.

https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php

If you're not getting events, its more likely you don't have LRR/IP/GSM setup (*29)
Last edited by DaveSin on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:27 pm, edited 3 times in total.
cbiccum

Post by cbiccum »

Ok just got home and changed it like you recommended. I still have no remote notifications. I set the alarm off thinking I should get a text or email?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

Did you do this on your Key Pad?:
Go to section 29 by entering *29, and hit 1 to enable LRR support.
cbiccum wrote:Ok just got home and changed it like you recommended. I still have no remote notifications. I set the alarm off thinking I should get a text or email?
cbiccum

Post by cbiccum »

Ok guys, it is actually somewhat working now. I didn't have a user setup with the sms capabilities, so now I do I instantly get a text. I have "alarms" ticked off in the notifications yet when I set the alarm off in the house 5 seconds later I put in my code. The text comes across as :
(security event: Opening by user Corey) Location: My house and then the time.

I'm puzzled, it doesn't seem to be telling me that there was an "alarm". Or is it saying there was a "opening" meaning an alarm? I don't think so because if I turn the alarm on, then off I get a text that says the same thing, "opening"

If a window gets opened while we are out from a buglar, shouldn't it tell me " Alarm basement window" or something like that?
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

It may be that 5 seconds isn't long enough. Honeywell is different from DSC where on DSC the Envisalink is in control of what events are transmitted, on Honeywell the panel sends the events directly. If the panel doesn't send the signal, the we have nothing to send to your phone.

Regardless, send your MAC address to esupport@eyezon.com and we can look at your log.
pounder

Post by pounder »

The port forwarding you asked about can be done on your router (assuming you have something above the absolute most garbage ones available).

BUT unless you are forwarding into a vpn or tunnel its not safe to have that exposed directly to a wan ip address.
Jon Pounder
turnerj42

Post by turnerj42 »

I have the ADT 20p and I know out of the box its a 30 second or more delay. On the adt one that lowest setting you can go is 15 but if you have just a stock 20p I believe you can make it zero. Just copying in from the manual below. Its the *50 field. So if you disarm before that time limit then it doesn't send anything. Its meant to cut down on false alarms. I don't like it myself and set it as low as possible

If i recall you can also instantly set it to send you a test transmission by going code+5+1

∗ 50 Burglary Dialer Delay [2,0]
Delay Time: Delay Time V20PSIA/V15PSIA
0 = no delay UL: must be “0” Delay Disable
1 = 15 seconds; 2 = 30 seconds; 3 = 45 seconds
SIA Guidelines: delay must be minimum of 30 seconds
V20PSIA/V15PSIA:
Delay Time: 1 = 15 seconds; 2 = 30 seconds; 3 = 45 seconds
Delay Disable:
0 = use delay set in entry 1
1 = dial delay disabled for zones listed in zone list 6 (use zone list 6
to enter those zones that require dial delay to be disabled;
these zones ignore the setting in entry 1)
UL: Dial delay plus entry delay must not exceed one minute; use zone
list 6 to disable dial delay from appropriate zones, if necessary.
cbiccum

Post by cbiccum »

Yes that was the problem the default was 30 seconds and I only had the alarm go off for about 7 seconds. I changed the 20P to 15 seconds and it now works, this will help avoid false alarms.

All is good. Thank you to Eyezon tech support they helped me via email!