Envisalink 3 & DSC 1832 - Solid Link Light nothing else

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

dlugo

Envisalink 3 & DSC 1832 - Solid Link Light nothing else

Post by dlugo »

I hooked up my envisalink 3 to my DSC 1832 system today. Only the Link light is on and solid green, none of the other lights will come on. I have checked all the wiring multiple times. My router recognizes the device is plugged in but the device is not requesting an IP from it, any ideas as to why it is not working?
DaveSin

Re: Envisalink 3 & DSC 1832 - Solid Link Light nothing else

Post by DaveSin »

The condition you describe can be one or two things. The unit is not connected "properly" to the Keybus or you have a defective EnvisaLink 3. I know you said you check the wires multiple times, but I would check again and make sure all eight contacts are making proper contact and each wire is going to the right place. Green to Green, etc. Also, the Internet cable that goes from the EnvisaLink to the Router, is it "Ready Made" or did you make the cable yourself? When I first setup my EnvisaLink, the cable that I made had RJ45 "A" (568-A) at one end and "B" (568-B) at the other end. They both needed to be "B" at both ends (straight through cable).

From the FAQ:
This comes up a lot so lets go over basic troubleshooting.

1) Is your Envisalink connected to a DSC Power series panel through its Keybus (4 wire) interface.

- Make sure your panel is compatible. Check the FAQ for compatible panel

- Make sure all four wires from your panel and your Envisalink are secure. These four wires go from the Red, Black, Green, and Yellow screw-down terminals on your panel to the same connections on your Envisalink. Do not connect these wires to your phone-line connections or the PC-LINK terminals.

2) Check your LEDs

All four LEDs on the Envisalink, and the LINK LED on your router/switch/hub must be active for the device to be operating correctly

OPER LED
This red LED should flash slowly, once a second, to indicate that the microprocessor is active and powered correctly. If this LED is not flashing slowly, then most likely you have no power power to the unit. Check your red and black Keybus wires and terminals. If you have a multimeter, test to the red and black terminals on the Envisalink to make sure you have 13Vdc across them

If the LED is flashing rapidly, it could mean your board is damaged. Contact tech support.

KEYB LED

This green LED serves two purposes, one is to determine if the Keybus connection is correct, and the other is to determine if the Envisalink has a proper IP address if DHCP is enabled (default).

If the LED is off, then you have not correctly connected the keybus wires. These are the green and yellow wires from your DSC panel.

If the LED is flashing slowly, once a second, this indicates that the Keybus connection is good but the Envisalink has no IP address. Check to make sure you network cable is good, and your Envisalink is properly connected to your router.

If the LED is solidly on, then you're good.

LINK LED

This green LED indicates whether your Ethernet connection is good. It should be solidly on and not flashing. If this LED is off, then check your Ethernet cable, and check your router.

ACT LED

This red LED will blink if the Envisalink receives an Ethernet packet.
RobinWatson

Re: Envisalink 3 & DSC 1832 - Solid Link Light nothing else

Post by RobinWatson »

dlugo wrote:I hooked up my envisalink 3 to my DSC 1832 system today. Only the Link light is on and solid green, none of the other led lighting will come on. I have checked all the wiring multiple times. My router recognizes the device is plugged in but the device is not requesting an IP from it, any ideas as to why it is not working?
Hello friend were you able to sort out the problem? I am facing similar issue with my DSC 1832 system.. Please help me to find cause behind this..