Envisalink 3 installed on Honeywell Vista 20 panel

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

arkansasdude

Envisalink 3 installed on Honeywell Vista 20 panel

Post by arkansasdude »

I've had the Envisalink 3 installed on my Honeywell Vista 20 panel and have successfully signed up for the Eyez-On monitoring service, but when I log into my account online, nothing is listed under the "Status" bar. When I access my account through my android phone, I can see "Partition 1 - Busy" under the status bar. I've also tried to arm and disarm the system via my phone but it doesn't work.

How can this be fixed?
bigmak

Re: Envisalink 3 installed on Honeywell Vista 20 panel

Post by bigmak »

I have the exact same setup as you and also ran into the same problem. It was because I didn't follow the extra instructions necessary for Honeywell panels. Give these a try:

https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php
dan1512302

Post by dan1512302 »

bigmak wrote:I have the exact same setup as you and also ran into the same problem. It was because I didn't follow the extra instructions necessary for Honeywell panels. Give these a try:

https://www.eyez-on.com/EZMAIN/evl3honeywell.php
Thanks for your reply.

I did use those instructions yo highlighted and I am receiving signals such as arming and un-arming but do not see how I can send commands to arm or un-arm, etc. I will go back and review the instructions - this is at vacation home so will try next weekend.

Also, I have voice module (4286) installed - could that be an issue.

Thanks again or your input
bigmak

Post by bigmak »

I did use those instructions yo highlighted and I am receiving signals such as arming and un-arming but do not see how I can send commands to arm or un-arm, etc.
I am a bit confused as to what you mean. On the Eyez-On portal, there is a big "Arm" link. What happens when you click on that and enter your code? If nothing is happening, then you must have missed one of the Honeywell-specific steps. Based on my understanding, you have to tell the Honeywell panel that the EnvisaLink is a keypad and to listen in on a particular address. Then, you have to go to EnvisaLink's mini-portal and tell it which address it should be sending commands to. I did that as well as followed whatever other instructions listed on that link and it worked fine for me. I have no idea what that voice module you have is, but I would be surprised if that is messing up your setup, since EnvisaLink is merely acting as another keypad.
DrParanoia

Post by DrParanoia »

With the Vista 20p after an alarm you have to disarm twice to get envisalink to regain control again. NOt sure if this is what is getting in your way.