Notifications - Openings/Closing

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

pjpjpj

Notifications - Openings/Closing

Post by pjpjpj »

Hi,

Is there a way to stop notifications for openings/closings?

If I go into Manage Contacts, and turn off notifications for "Misc", will that do it? If so, what else would I also no longer receive?

Thanks!
smyers119

Re: Notifications - Openings/Closing

Post by smyers119 »

why not just try it and see what happens...i was always curious what they were referring to by "misc".
-Steve
MyersIT
pjpjpj

Post by pjpjpj »

That would tell me if I turned off openings/closings. But it wouldn't tell me what else I would be missing.

So if it worked, I'd still ask the board about what else I was missing. If it didn't work, I'd still ask the board how to turn off the notifications.
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

You want to unchecked Zone Followers to not receive ANY opening and closing notification. What I do is unchecked the zones (under Manage Device>>>Manage Zone Followers) that I do not want to follow (motion Detectors, all frequently open doors) and leave the others checked.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Wouldn't you know what else you were missing by process of elimination?
-Steve
MyersIT
pjpjpj

Post by pjpjpj »

Thanks for everyone trying to help out.

As far as Zone Followers, that seems to apply to opening and closing of individual zones. I'm talking about the "opening" and "closing" of the system that happens whenever you Arm/Disarm the system. So every time I arm, I get a notification "Security Event: Closing By User" then a second notification "Security Event: Away Arm Mode". I have all Zone Followers turned to 'off' (unchecked).

As far as process of elimination, I turned off (unchecked) Misc and I still get the open/closed notifications. All the other checkoff items are notifications I want to receive (Alarms, Alarm Restorals, Arms, Disarms, System Troubles, Installer Maintenance, and Network Supervision). I would just like to stop the duplicate messages every time the system is armed/disarmed. So that is my question.

I have a couple of alternatives outside of EnvisaLink, but I'm hoping EnvisaLink has that specific option - or are others getting duplicate messages every time?
DaveSin

Post by DaveSin »

pjpjpj wrote: I'm talking about the "opening" and "closing" of the system that happens whenever you Arm/Disarm the system.
Huh? Where was this stated in your original post? You need to be specific when asking for help.

If you unchecked Arms and Disarms, shouldn't that stop the notifications associated with opening/closing when the system is armed/disarmed? I'm assuming you have tried this?
pjpjpj

Post by pjpjpj »

Sorry I wasn't more specific. I don't use zone followers, so I wasn't aware that they send a similar opening/closing notification.

If I uncheck Arm/Disarm, then I do not receive any notification at all.

I want to be notified, I'm just trying to stop duplicate notifications (opening/closing message then a second arm/disarm message).

Thanks
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

Openings and Closings are referred to Arming and Disarming on the options page. I'm a little confused as to what you want. You say you don't want to be notified about openings and closings but your want to be notified about openings and closings.

Please give examples
pjpjpj

Post by pjpjpj »

CURRENT SITUATION:

Whenever I arm my system, I receive two totally separate messages:
1) "Security Event: Closing By User XXXX"
2) "Security Event: Away Arm Mode"

DESIRED SITUATION:

Whenever I arm my system, I would like to receive a single message:
1) "Security Event: Away Arm Mode"

So I would like to eliminate the extra "closing" notification message.

In my current Contacts configuration, I do not have "Zone Followers" selected for any of my contacts. Deselecting "Misc" did not affect this issue. Deselecting "Arms" and "Disarms" stopped both notifications. I receive duplicate notifications whether I arm by only typing in my user code, or I arm by only pressing the Stay or Away buttons (it then says "Security Event: Special Closing").

I thought there was something simple I was doing wrong, but perhaps not and everyone else receives duplicate notifications as well or this is something unique to my DSC panel configuration.