*29 long range radio programing problem

Information and support for EnvisaLink modules.

Moderators: EyezOnRich, GrandWizard

ludoo00

*29 long range radio programing problem

Post by ludoo00 »

Hello,

I receive all alerts except when the alarm is actually going off.
I have an ademco vista 15 p panel.
Phone line is disconnected since we do not have phone monitoring anymore.
When trying to program *29 to value 1, the panel will not let me save the setting and when double checking what value is programed (#29) it says not in use / EE. I do not know how to go from there. Any help would be appreciated.
Also I have "comm. failure" message since we cancelled our phone line service. How can I get rid of it?
Thanks again.
GrandWizard

Re: *29 long range radio programing problem

Post by GrandWizard »

Did you do *29 , 1, * to save?
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

I did. If I do, I get a screen that says 1:prog.,2:diag. 3:quit but whatever number or option I press, it doesn't lead anywhere.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Can you go to your panel and read the model number and version on the CPU. Sounds like you do not actually have a 15p panel. Your options are the options you would have if you had an Vista21ip Panel. In that case i believe you would have to Shaddow the envisalink but i am not positive about this. Please let me know if this solves your problem!
-Steve
MyersIT
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Hi Steve,

My panel is a 15p. I do not understand why it is giving me that much trouble.
How do you do the shadow method?
Again, everything works well except the most important which is to actually send alerts when the alarm goes off. It kind of defeats the purpose of having an alarm system.
Again, any help is appreciated.
GrandWizard

Post by GrandWizard »

I know you're frustrated ludoo00 but nobody, including me, has ever seen a programming option like you describe. We have hundreds of 15P users so I don't know what to tell you.

Can you find a link to the exact programming manual you use for you panel and could you post it for the benefit of the group? Maybe we can see if there is something weird with your model. Ademco was notorious for creating custom panel versions for anyone who would dangle a carrot in front of them.
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Grandwizard,

Here is the sticker I have on the chip of the panel: WA15P-8.1. The board has this printed: SAVS15P3 X N242
The instructions I have are for the 20p/15p series.
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Ludoo your programming options are mimicking a vista21ip. Shadow your device by selecting the option on the local web server of the envisalink. Check the Manual for the vista21ip for more programmin options
-Steve
MyersIT
ludoo00

Post by ludoo00 »

Well, I tried to enable shadowing from the envisalink and my system started to beep continuously with the display saying something to the effect of needing to check Long range radio 103. I am about to give up...
smyers119

Post by smyers119 »

Sorry I can not be of more help. My only other suggestion would be to call ademco and have them replace your panel.
-Steve
MyersIT